diy solar

diy solar

Need help identifying these 280Ah cells

Will Prowse

Forum Owner
Staff member

They pulled 281, so I doubt they are lishen.

Over pressure valve matches older data sheet for Eve cells.

Cell dimensions match Eve data sheet.

Terminals are different than eve cells, but anyone could have swapped those out.

Resleeved and new cover, so no way to tell with that.

IMG_20210108_095546.jpg

Terminals are different than eve cells, but anyone could have swapped those out.

Resleeved and new cover, so no way to tell with that.
I wonder what the scenario would be that someone would need to replace terminals & cover to a lot of cells? Are they used & remade? Or are they manufacturing seconds?

I was reading Amy's posts. She said the cells are considered lower grade after 3 months sitting & the value goes way down. If they sit too long do they need to be rebuilt? Is that why terminals would get replaced?

Thanks, I havent figured out my system yet, but if this was a great deal, I didnt want to miss it.
vent looks like my Lishen 272 ah
serial nr looks also he same 1 line of nr
terminal also looks the same
i will say those are lishen cells

The stockbroker says buy yep those cells are crazy big smile
tested as pack 4p 272 ah at 3.0 v cut-off
Foos it takes at least 60 days to arrive and if we belief the good info of ghost writer i will take at least 90 days to arrive ( chinees new year )so if you can spend 500 usd on a 4 pack do it and figure out your system later order 8 busbars

Last edited:
They pulled 281, so I doubt they are lishen.
I am pretty sure they are Lishen. The vent cap on EVE cells is blue and Lishens have the square around the terminal.

I saw the bit in your video about the anti torsion of the poles being 8nm. Some of is believe that is the most torque that can be applied before damage is done to the cells poles, not the terminals threads. Torqueing with that much force is asking for a stripped screw, even if using studs. 4.5nm torque is what we have found to work with EVE's and there is data that confirms that is enough. I don't know what the torque spec is for Lishens.

It's nice to see a single busbar being able to deal nicely with that much current. Are they 2mm thick?

Last edited:
I am aware of 4 manufacturers that sell cells in the ballpark of this capacity.

EVE (280 nominal)
ETC (277 nominal)
Lishen (272 nominal)
CATL (271 nominal)

large-prismatic-comparison.jpg

6269468837384725044.png

1604913446614.png

Like CALB, Lishen seems to understate the actual capacity of their cells by a few %, I think it is too early to say how consistently and by how much but its at least possible that cells testing > 280 are Lishen 272's. @Craig tested 4 lishen cells a couple months back, two were in the mid 270's and two were in the low to mid 280's. I know of at least one other person reporting their Lishen cells tested above 280.

The vent cap on all of them is different making them easy to identify... :)

Back