diy solar

diy solar

Need help MPP Solar not working

Hmmm is there a trend developing regarding the LV2424?Hope yo dont have to deal with support from China like I am.

Are the numbers 25.5V and 24.0V in the pic your charging parameters? If yes, I think those values are too low for a gel battery. Check with the manufacturer first, but I would think the proper charging voltage would be 28.8V, with 27.6V floating?

They might have been set higher initially, but dropped back down to defaults after disconnection, and rebooting. The 22.8V voltage in post #7? Is that the resting battery voltage? If yes, those batteries appear totally dead.

I would recommend disconnecting the batteries immediately, and get them charging as quick as you can by any other method away from the MPP. Maybe connect each 12V battery separately to an automotive charger at 12V you plug into the grid. How long do you think the batteries have been discharged? They potentially could already have been ruined, but you won't know till they get a real charge. Do that asap!
I
OK, can you take a voltmeter and check the actual battery voltage? I'm still not sure if the batteries are not being charged, or if they're being charged at too low a voltage?
On my tiny DMM i am getting 24V and on MPP its 27V for the battery.

IMG_20210921_043800.jpg

Some questions ... not sure if any will help. Seems to be a process of elimination at this point.

Did you make any MPP config changes when you relocated the inverter?
Did the move increase wire runs (battery, solar) by a large amount?
Did you check polarity on solar connections after move?
Did you try hooking up just 1 solar panel to the MPP unit?
Thanks, I will check this in the morning.

I

On my tiny DMM i am getting 24V and on MPP its 27V for the battery.

View attachment 65549

Are the numbers 25.5V and 24.0V in the pic your charging parameters? If yes, I think those values are too low for a gel battery. Check with the manufacturer first, but I would think the proper charging voltage would be 28.8V, with 27.6V floating?

They might have been set higher initially, but dropped back down to defaults after disconnection, and rebooting. The 22.8V voltage in post #7? Is that the resting battery voltage? If yes, those batteries appear totally dead.

I would recommend disconnecting the batteries immediately, and get them charging as quick as you can by any other method away from the MPP. Maybe connect each 12V battery separately to an automotive charger at 12V you plug into the grid. How long do you think the batteries have been discharged? They potentially could already have been ruined, but you won't know till they get a real charge. Do that asap!
Setting description for 12 and 13 is belowScreenshot_20210921_051549.jpgScreenshot_20210921_051608.jpg

By the way, already attach here the MPP manual for easy reference, my unit belongs to 3KVA model.

Attachments

• PIP-HSE_MSE manual (PF1.0) -20190717 (1).pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
3 volts is a big discrepency (24V vs 27V). Is the 27V the voltage the battery is being charged at? Will the voltage on the display drop to 24V if the solar input breaker is flipped? With my own system, I'm used to seeing voltage discrepencies in the range of 0.1V or so. Since you mention your meter is a "tiny DMM", is this a low-budget economy meter where the voltage accuracy could be suspect? Could you cross-check it's accuracy with someone else's meter?

For my own flooded lead-acid 24V batteries I'm charging those at 29.6V. Though gel batteries need more conservative charging, I'd expect them to be at least 28-29V. Does your battery manufacturer give you a specific number?

Looking through your owners manual, I see that the default charging voltage is set to 27.0V. Assuming the unit reset itself when you disconnected it, it seems plausible that the charging voltage got dropped to 27.0V. In your manual, it also mentions a charging voltage of 28.2 for gel batteries, though I would still verify with your battery manufacturer that is the voltage you want to use.

3 volts is a big discrepency (24V vs 27V). Is the 27V the voltage the battery is being charged at? Will the voltage on the display drop to 24V if the solar input breaker is flipped? With my own system, I'm used to seeing voltage discrepencies in the range of 0.1V or so. Since you mention your meter is a "tiny DMM", is this a low-budget economy meter where the voltage accuracy could be suspect? Could you cross-check it's accuracy with someone else's meter?

For my own flooded lead-acid 24V batteries I'm charging those at 29.6V. Though gel batteries need more conservative charging, I'd expect them to be at least 28-29V. Does your battery manufacturer give you a specific number?

Looking through your owners manual, I see that the default charging voltage is set to 27.0V. Assuming the unit reset itself when you disconnected it, it seems plausible that the charging voltage got dropped to 27.0V. In your manual, it also mentions a charging voltage of 28.2 for gel batteries, though I would still verify with your battery manufacturer that is the voltage you want to use.
My DMM is a low buget one and now tried on analog voltmeter but the reading i am getting is still about 24v at the battery terminals. Below is the setting for the charging voltage. As seen, it is 28.2v. Thanks for helping me out.

IMG_20210920_141322.jpg

Do you have a clamp meter so you can measure current at various places? I gather from that last photo that your load is being powered via AC bypass and that it is charging your battery at 27v but at zero amps. Is your battery shot and just not accepting any amps?

Back