diy solar

diy solar

Need help Please.

Hungvo4

I want to buy charge controller for my Growatt 6K as I want expand the PV input ( my Growatt max in put is 195 VOC). Can i use the Schneider Charge control MPPT 100 600 for my Growatt? what the max input of watt per string PV that Mppt 100 and handle ( it have 2 string)?
note : I have 15Kw from my panel . 30 of 365 W as Voc 47.2 and Isc 9.77 amp and 10 of 455 W as Voc 49.3v and Isc 11.66amp
Thank You

The question is a little confusing. An MPPT charge controller is not "for" your inverter, its for your batteries and connects directly to them.

Here is a link where you can download the PDF Datasheet and Installation manual for the Schneider MPPT 100 600.

Without additional details about your batteries, chemistry, Ah ratings, cable sizes, it would not be advisable to offer help based on the limited information provided in your post.

The question is a little confusing. An MPPT charge controller is not "for" your inverter, its for your batteries and connects directly to them.

Here is a link where you can download the PDF Datasheet and Installation manual for the Schneider MPPT 100 600.

Without additional details about your batteries, chemistry, Ah ratings, cable sizes, it would not be advisable to offer help based on the limited information provided in your poi
I have 4 battery as 4.5 Kwh each. as i thought i can use the charge control separate to charge my battery and connect to my Growatt( without use the charge of my Growatt inverter all in one system. I try to do it because my Growatt have limit input PV.

Last edited:
The schneider 100 600 can be directly hooked up to your batteries. It is rated at 6kw. The maximum voltage that it will accept is 600 volts. If you panel the schneider up to the full 6kw then it will charge your batteries at a 100 amp rate. It also says that you can over panel up to 7kw. Most Charge Controllers do not want you to exceed the 600 volt limit so you would want to factor that in.

The schneider 100 600 can be directly hooked up to your batteries. It is rated at 6kw. The maximum voltage that it will accept is 600 volts. If you panel the schneider up to the full 6kw then it will charge your batteries at a 100 amp rate. It also says that you can over panel up to 7kw. Most Charge Controllers do not want you to exceed the 600 volt limit so you would want to factor that in.
it mean up to 7 kw as 29A per string PV right? ( and it have 2 string input ).

600 is the maximum Voc.
The PV operating range is listed as 195V to 550V but the MPPT range is limited to 510V. Based on these values it is advisable to run the voltage calculation for both Voc at the coldest temps for that area as well as the Vmp under normal operating conditions.

I do not see that it has two inputs. I see it having one input. BentleyJ is correct on the operating voltage. I think the specs to be concerned with are the 550 Volt maximum voltage for your array and the 28 amp maximum current.

In the manual sheet of first page it show have 2 string PV input. I just seen the Youtube Webinar Conext MPPT 80 600 Charge control, it support 2 string of 600 volt.

Back