diy solar

diy solar

Need help to power a Submersible pump with 4 solar panels and batteries

RKRoy

Request advice on how to power a 1 Horse Power Single Phase (240V) submersible pump which takes around 6 Amps starting current.

I would like to power it through Solar Panels directly and also through a Battery system.

I have the following equipment with me and request your advice on what other equipment I need and how to connect the Solar panels to power this pump.

1. I have 4 Monocrystalline Solar PV panels of 24V, 250 Watt max power, 37.10 Volt max volt, 6.85 Amp., V.O.C 44.00V
2. I also have 4 Tubular Batteries which are 12V 150Ah each

Thank you for your help

The hard part is guessing how large of an inverter you need. 6 amps 240 volts or 1440 watts to start seems low. I have a 1/2 hp pump that takes 1400 watts to start. Can you post the make-model number?

I recommend connecting the batteries in series-parallel to get 24 volts with a controller to match. Possibly all series at 48 volts depending on the inverter.

The hard part is guessing how large of an inverter you need. 6 amps 240 volts or 1440 watts to start seems low. I have a 1/2 hp pump that takes 1400 watts to start. Can you post the make-model number?

I recommend connecting the batteries in series-parallel to get 24 volts with a controller to match. Possibly all series at 48 volts depending on the inverter.
Agree, 6A starting current for 1hp pump motor does not look right.
The one below was trying to run only 1/2hp pump but it did not work.

I have a 1hp Grunfos 240VAC pump, and it's drawing 9.5A while running, and 38A at startup. I'm running it with 4500W of panels, charging a 48V battery bank and fueling a Schneider XW+6848 inverter.

Since your numbers are suspect, I'd base a decision on my own numbers. Where did the 6A number come from? I'd say the items you've already listed are not even close to what you really need. Double what you listed might be barely marginal.

Back