diy solar

diy solar

Need help with a 48v system

Jimh05

I am installing my own Solar System.. It will be an off grid using the the main grid panel to supply charging power. I bought everything from signature solar but I guess I asked too many questions because the young lady told me I needed to contact a professional solar guy. I asked them for a schematic but the one they sent me didn't make any sense. I'm using 6 ea 48V100AH Batteries, 15 ea 440W panels, a 12KW Growatt inverter connected to a GE 16 circuit panel. Does anyone make a schematic for this system. Thank you.

Post the schematic you have and explain what questions you have.

You said they sent you one. You must have some idea how to connect all of the stuff you have. At least start by asking some specific questions.

I am installing my own Solar System.. It will be an off grid using the the main grid panel to supply charging power. I bought everything from signature solar but I guess I asked too many questions because the young lady told me I needed to contact a professional solar guy. I asked them for a schematic but the one they sent me didn't make any sense. I'm using 6 ea 48V100AH Batteries, 15 ea 440W panels, a 12KW Growatt inverter connected to a GE 16 circuit panel. Does anyone make a schematic for this system. Thank you.
I think that is BS They sell you a system take your money ? and then tell you you need a professional.
I would just return the dam system .BS

I think that is BS They sell you a system take your money ? and then tell you you need a professional.
I would just return the dam system .BS
are you serious or trolling? this is not a 100 watt panel with a sams club deep cycle and a plug in inverter...this is a system that should be wired to code (must be if you want any insurance coverage) and who knows and installs to code? professional electricians. if they give him advice and he burns his house down...who do you think he will try to sue? The OP needs to take his time do some research here on the forum and then ask questions that are relevant.... how do I hook up a bunch of stuff I randomly bought is not a relevant question.

@Jimh05 does the growatt inverter act as a solar charge controller as well? this is step one how to get power from panels to battery... I use totally different gear so I have a lot of questions to ask you in order to help. if you can post up a manual for this unit it would help. this all ties in as in order to figure out the panel layout and wireing we need to know what is controlling them. I am guessing that the growatt is a all in one unit?

Start with one battery and one panel and growatt.

Wire it up in a temporary fashion. Follow Will's videos.

If you don't kill yourself, move on from there.

Back