diy solar

diy solar

Need help with Felicity lithium battery

Elia

I have a growatt spf 5000 es off grid inverter which I’m trying to communicate through BMS port with felicity lifepo4 lithium battery 170 ah 48 v.
tried the protocol send by the supplier which is program 5 (battery type Lithium ) then in 36 I used PTCL L04 without success (I get fault 20 which is communication error), even updated the battery to newer latest version 307 still the same error, any idea on what settings should I use ?
i’m a newbie in this field and appreciate all help, thanks.

Attachments

• 5BE54D7D-9B4F-4258-AD74-A25B69DDE138.jpeg
    5BE54D7D-9B4F-4258-AD74-A25B69DDE138.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 3B2A269F-2B30-4FC8-A70B-B68C1C76156F.jpeg
    3B2A269F-2B30-4FC8-A70B-B68C1C76156F.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 7D17D358-EB82-4C22-96A9-DE4DB8C8E8DA.jpeg
    7D17D358-EB82-4C22-96A9-DE4DB8C8E8DA.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 116
How did you update the battery? I have the same setup but I get the error 19 and the battery won't power down.

I went to their premises in beqnaya-jal el Dib (added location in attachment) and they happily updated the battery straight from the car, but it didn’t fix my problem,now I’m trying to bring over an electrical engineer to do the setup (I heard from a friend that I should use user in battery set up and not lithium and do the settings manuall) I hope it will work, I will post an update about it later.

Attachments

• 24E2736C-E967-4A8A-BBB4-D3FCFD27F940.jpeg
    24E2736C-E967-4A8A-BBB4-D3FCFD27F940.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 0747AF1F-29FA-47BD-9E35-972A5C0E4192.png
    0747AF1F-29FA-47BD-9E35-972A5C0E4192.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
I don't think the Felicity bms communicates with the growatt. I programmed mines with user2 battery protocol. Then use high low voltage settings for back to the grid. The 10kw Felicity battery bulk charges to 57.7 but my growatt 12kw sends a battery high voltage at 56 volts

I went to their premises in beqnaya-jal el Dib (added location in attachment) and they happily updated the battery straight from the car, but it didn’t fix my problem,now I’m trying to bring over an electrical engineer to do the setup (I heard from a friend that I should use user in battery set up and not lithium and do the settings manuall) I hope it will work, I will post an update about it later.
Hello Elia, I think I know your problem.

There is a cable you need to connect between the inverter and the battery.
The black cable that comes with the battery won't work. This is meant for connecting batteries in parallel.
You need to make a custom network cable. 1 side pins 1&2 connected. The other side Pins 5&6 connected.
Plug the 1&2 side in the growatt bms. and plug the other side in the battery. Should work after 10 seconds.

Also make sure all SW pins are 0 in your case since you have 1 battery

The black cable that comes with the battery won't work. This is meant for connecting batteries in parallel.
You need to make a custom network cable. 1 side pins 1&2 connected. The other side Pins 5&6 connected.
Plug the 1&2 side in the growatt bms. and plug the other side in the battery. Should work after 10 seconds.

Hello msidani,
Do you happen to know how connect the cable connection to voltronic axpert inverters should be?

Hi,

Thx for the explanation, however which communication protocol shall we put in parameters 36 ?

Can you specify how we count the pins ? If the cable is facing, 1 starts from the right or from the left ?
Any videos or images or tutorials in any way ?

I have a growatt spf 5000 es off grid inverter which I’m trying to communicate through BMS port with felicity lifepo4 lithium battery 170 ah 48 v.
tried the protocol send by the supplier which is program 5 (battery type Lithium ) then in 36 I used PTCL L04 without success (I get fault 20 which is communication error), even updated the battery to newer latest version 307 still the same error, any idea on what settings should I use ?
i’m a newbie in this field and appreciate all help, thanks.
Hello elia,

I'm kind of new to lithium, i'm currently with 8 lead-acid batteries but will be shifting soon to lithium.
Can you explain anything about the PTCL L04 ? Why not L01 what does each protocol differ ? Any idea
Only curious

Can you specify how we count the pins ? If the cable is facing, 1 starts from the right or from the left ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220727-134233539~2.png
    Screenshot_20220727-134233539~2.png
    388.2 KB · Views: 87
Hi, I'm also experiencing same issue with my felicity LifePO4 48V LPBF48300 15kwh battery and my growatt SPF Es5000 inverter. Recently purchased them about a week ago and have been struggling to get the Bms to work. Tried setting up a cable for the Rj45 according to the specs on the manual but still seems it can't work. It's so frustrating still getting the error 04 & 20 faults.
I need the bms to work cos my battery shows all 4 lights (100%) red but the inverter reads battery is 75%.
My friend who we got the battery together but uses SRNE inverter, also has the same issue; inverter 75%, battery 100%.
Pls anyone tried to solve this issue?
I will really appreciate.

Thank you.

Hello,
I solved it from my side, it is working properly.
Select Li battery at parameter 05 and set the parameter 36 (protocol) to 04.
Battery dip switches: 1 and 5 ON.
Network cable: pins 1 and 2 from the inverter side to be connected to 5 and 6 at battery side.

Hello,
I solved it from my side, it is working properly.
Select Li battery at parameter 05 and set the parameter 36 (protocol) to 04.
Battery dip switches: 1 and 5 ON.
Network cable: pins 1 and 2 from the inverter side to be connected to 5 and 6 at battery side.
Many thanks for this. Will go thru this parameters and revert.

Network cable
And thanks once again. Ill build mine as advised. Pls whats the white cable in there for?

also, did you connect your PV wake thru the bms port or you connected it directly with the black and red cable provided?

And thanks once again. Ill build mine as advised. Pls whats the white cable in there for?

also, did you connect your PV wake thru the bms port or you connected it directly with the black and red cable provided?

Actually there is no white cable connected, it is cut but a little bit long.

Regarding the PV, i am not sure if i understood well your question, but i did not use the PV wake part provided with the battery.

Actually there is no white cable connected, it is cut but a little bit long.

Regarding the PV, i am not sure if i understood well your question, but i did not use the PV wake part provided with the battery.
Ok. thanks again. I have sorted this out.

Back