diy solar

diy solar

Need help with Felicity lithium battery

Hello Elia, I think I know your problem.

There is a cable you need to connect between the inverter and the battery.
The black cable that comes with the battery won't work. This is meant for connecting batteries in parallel.
You need to make a custom network cable. 1 side pins 1&2 connected. The other side Pins 5&6 connected.
Plug the 1&2 side in the growatt bms. and plug the other side in the battery. Should work after 10 seconds.

Also make sure all SW pins are 0 in your case since you have 1 battery
My Felicity Battery works fine with BMS with my Growatt inverter, I have the same setup you provided.

However, when the battery reaches the cutoff percentage at night the inverter powers down, but in the morning the inverter doesn't power back up and doesn't start charging the battery or providing power. I have to manually turn off and on the inverter for it to start working. I also installed the PV wake up wire to the battery with no success.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Is this an off grid installation with no grid back up.
If it isn't and you have grid backup set the inverter to
SbU
And your settings back to utility should be higher than low dc cut off voltage.

Is this an off grid installation with no grid back up.
If it isn't and you have grid backup set the inverter to
SbU
And your settings back to utility should be higher than low dc cut off voltage.
The inverter is connected to the grid, but the grid only comes on an hour or less a day where I live. Will the inverter point back to the grid even if there is no grid power at the time?

It would be a shame to lose grid charging as it charges the battery pretty quickly and that helps in my situation.

If there is limited grid and your batteries aren't sufficient for your loads increase pv size to ensure max charge and or add more storage.

However, when the battery reaches the cutoff percentage at night the inverter powers down, but in the morning the inverter doesn't power back up and doesn't start charging the battery
This is a known Growatt glitch in the firmware, they have updates for some or all inverters to fix it but I don't know the details. There are several threads on here about it.

Hello, any suggestion about the settings to follow for Voltronic inverter and Felicity battery? Seems their BMS are not compatible…

The black cable that comes with the battery won't work. This is meant for connecting batteries in parallel.
You need to make a custom network cable. 1 side pins 1&2 connected. The other side Pins 5&6 connected.
Plug the 1&2 side in the growatt bms. and plug the other side in the battery. Should work after 10 seconds.

Hello i have felicity 5kv and bought 15kw battery lithium felicity my question is how can i know that BMS is connected it didnt beep or showed me any sign except charging

Hello, do you know how to configure for connecting the Felicity 300 AH to the DEYE 5KW. BMS.
I have connected mine but not working. connected the pins 1 and 2 to 5 and 6 as suggested but The inverter does not seem to connect to the BMS of the battery

thank you for your support and help

Hello, do you know how to configure for connecting the Felicity 300 AH to the DEYE 5KW. BMS.
I have connected mine but not working. connected the pins 1 and 2 to 5 and 6 as suggested but The inverter does not seem to connect to the BMS of the battery

thank you for your support and help
Call me i can give u number of someone who connected it with deye

Hello,
I solved it from my side, it is working properly.
Select Li battery at parameter 05 and set the parameter 36 (protocol) to 04.
Battery dip switches: 1 and 5 ON.
Network cable: pins 1 and 2 from the inverter side to be connected to 5 and 6 at battery side.
Hi Radi. Somewhere else here someone says the dip switches should all be at 0 but I see you've indicated that 1 and 5 should be ON. Did you try with all switches off and you got an error?

I have a growatt spf 5000 es off grid inverter which I’m trying to communicate through BMS port with felicity lifepo4 lithium battery 170 ah 48 v.
tried the protocol send by the supplier which is program 5 (battery type Lithium ) then in 36 I used PTCL L04 without success (I get fault 20 which is communication error), even updated the battery to newer latest version 307 still the same error, any idea on what settings should I use ?
i’m a newbie in this field and appreciate all help, thanks.
We install felicity with growatt SPF 5000 ES
Follow these steps and it should work perfectly:
Step 1:
You should use a customized internet cable like the one in the picture, the cable on the right is from the inverter's side, and the cable on the left is from the batt side, make sure you do the cable right otherwise it wont work.

Step 2:
Go to parameter 05 ( battery type ) and choose LI then choose protocol L04

Step 3:
Go to parameter 03 ( AC input voltage range ) then select GEN

If all of these steps are correct then it should work perfeclty fine, I've been installing Felicity solar batteries for the past 5 months and there is no problem at all.

I have a growatt spf 5000 es off grid inverter which I’m trying to communicate through BMS port with felicity lifepo4 lithium battery 170 ah 48 v.
tried the protocol send by the supplier which is program 5 (battery type Lithium ) then in 36 I used PTCL L04 without success (I get fault 20 which is communication error), even updated the battery to newer latest version 307 still the same error, any idea on what settings should I use ?
i’m a newbie in this field and appreciate all help, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20230302_191330.jpg
    IMG_20230302_191330.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 49
Hi, I have an issue with my Filicity and growatt, suddenly out of nowhere stopped reaching 100% and always stuck 99%.
Charing very small amount and discharge few seconds.
Can you please help.
Do you recommend someone to check in Beirut

Hello , i have the tomatech 11 kw inverter i need help to connect it with felicity 8.7 kw ?
Are is compatible with the voltronic tomatech 11 kw ? Any one treid to connect it before

We install felicity with growatt SPF 5000 ES
Follow these steps and it should work perfectly:
Step 1:
You should use a customized internet cable like the one in the picture, the cable on the right is from the inverter's side, and the cable on the left is from the batt side, make sure you do the cable right otherwise it wont work.

Step 2:
Go to parameter 05 ( battery type ) and choose LI then choose protocol L04

Step 3:
Go to parameter 03 ( AC input voltage range ) then select GEN

If all of these steps are correct then it should work perfeclty fine, I've been installing Felicity solar batteries for the past 5 months and there is no problem at all.
Hello, pls I'm also stuck.
I got the new 15kwh Felicity Battery
I just bought one Felicity lpbf48300 15kwh and I've been trying all day to connect the BMS to growatt spf5000 es. No communication between the BMS.
A friend says the battery is not compatible with growatt. Is this true?
All YouTube videos online shows the older Felicity batteries.

I know the older ones I have won't talk to anything except their own EDMS software running on a PC.

Hello, pls I'm also stuck.
I got the new 15kwh Felicity Battery
I just bought one Felicity lpbf48300 15kwh and I've been trying all day to connect the BMS to growatt spf5000 es. No communication between the BMS.
A friend says the battery is not compatible with growatt. Is this true?
All YouTube videos online shows the older Felicity batteries.
Sorry for being late
No it works perfectly fine with SPF 5000 ES with no problems
Just make sure the cable is right ( Newer felicity batteries come with pre-made cable that is compatible with Growatt )
Shows Li and protocol 04 it should work fine.

Hi,I have Sorotec REVO VMII 5.5KW and I connected felicity Lithium Battery and fault 39 came up (BMS connection lost), I have checked the wiring and replaced the communication cable and error still remains , can you tell me how to solve the issue ,thank you.

Back