diy solar

diy solar

Need Help with Overkill 24v BMS setup

Jerryonthego

Hi All, Still pretty new to Solar and am hoping some of you experienced folks can lend me some wisdom. I purchased (8) 280ah cells and setup as a 24v battery. I top balanced the cells without issue. I proceeded to setup as a 24v battery and wired the Overkill 24v 100a BMS as instructed. Picture of setup attached. I am able to connect to the Bluetooth app on IOS and i can see all the cells register. I configured the settings as listed in the Overkill BMS manual. However when solar power is generating the BMS IOS app shows that the battery is discharging and the voltage is going up, however the amp hour rating is reducing. The app never shows “charging“. Do i have something wired i or configured incorrectly?

I have 3 batteries (negative) connected to a distribution block bus bar and then connected to a battery monitor shunt. The other end of the shunt is connected to my SCC. I have all positive connections also connected to a positive distribution block bus bar. I’m stumped.

Any suggestions are appreciated and forgivbe my newbie-ness....

Attachments

• 4B3C2745-E393-49FD-8CF8-F74E4E7314F7.jpeg
    4B3C2745-E393-49FD-8CF8-F74E4E7314F7.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 47
You may have caused some damage to the BMS with that bal lead pinch/short.
Good question to pose to Overkill. He is very helpful. He answers emails pretty quick. ?

You may have caused some damage to the BMS with that bal lead pinch/short.
Good question to pose to Overkill. He is very helpful. He answers emails pretty quick. ?
Ill shoot Overkill a note. That was just a pic of the wiring i used.... not my actual setup.

Back