diy solar

diy solar

Need help with Tesla 5.3kwh module for cabin

Mickxal

Bought a tesla module for dirt cheap 400$.

Now I've been learning about the schematics. I've attached what I though I wanted to do but that might change depending on your suggestions. I was looking online for a 6S bms but I'm still undecided if I need one since I will rarely pull any high amps. I will use it in my shed where I will draw 1850W max with my power tools. Since I'm opting for a Renogy MPPT which has a lot of safety features for batteries I think I don't need a Victron Battery Protect. I think in the Renogy app I can configure a minimum cell charge or 18V and 24.3V max charge. My inverter is a Vevor 2300W which stops at 19V minimum and 30V maximum input voltage. For cell balancing I purchased the cheap 25$ cell balancer for lithium batteries. I don't need a 24V to 12V converter since I wont use any 12V appliances . Is this safe? Ok ? What would you change ?

Attachments

• Solar.jpg
    Solar.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 7
6S bms but I'm still undecided if I need one since I will rarely pull any high amps.
Absolutely needed, not just for high amps but to keep cells within safe voltage range. I'm thinking those cells
are better suited for someone who knows more about lithium batteries.

Hate to see you end up here...

Absolutely needed, not just for high amps but to keep cells within safe voltage range. I'm thinking those cells
are better suited for someone who knows more about lithium batteries.

Hate to see you end up here...
Alright do you have one in mind ? I was thinking about this one.

Absolutely must have a bullet proof BMS systems to protect your life

I document in My Build Thread (see signature) my experience with the EVTV.ME controller

In post #1 of that thread is a Table of Contents with a link to where I look at that BMS/BMC

Look for the Jack-In-The-Box (JITB) link

Overkill Solar designed and sells a BMS especially for the 24v Tesla Model S modules

Thanks a lot dude

Just chiming in...

Absolutely get a BMS. The Tesla packs are built with NCA chemistry and are the ones that burn shit down. When they enter thermal runaway and catch fire, they produce their own oxygen and fuel the flame. It's a horrific shit show.

Back