diy solar

diy solar

Need Help with what hardware I will need.

Tat2rtist

Currently I have an off grid cabin that I power with a 3100 watt inverter generator. I want to switch to battery and solar with generator standby. I just ordered the MidNite Solar DIY series MN3024DIY inverter charger, I Have 4 Lifeline GPL-6CT AGM batteries, I am this is going to be a 24 volt system, I would like to find out the size of breakers and fuses I would need as well as cable size. Location of fuses and breakers would also help me.
Right now I am going to run off the batteries and use the generator to charge batteries and run bigger stuff while I work on cabin like saws and such, Then mid to late summer add solar panels to the system.
Any recommendations as to design or equiptment needed ( fuses , wires and such) would be greatly appreciated. I will post links to the batteries and inverter that shows specs.
Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

If I turned on every light and appliance in the cabin I would have a total of 1380 watts I would be using , this would include the microwave and mini fridge.

Last edited:
If you go to Midnight's web page, you can find everything you need in their "documents" tab. Just find the appropriate wiring diagram, and it lists all the appropriate sized wire gauges and breaker amperages. Remember, never try to substitute a AC rated breaker in a DC application. Here's pic of the wiring diagram for my own workshop system.
1647109434542.png

Back