diy solar

diy solar

Need help

John91

Guys I have theee main questions.
Is the 24 v system he has on this site only for mobile or can it be suitable for a small home?
I wasn’t clear how many solar panels do I need for this 24v system? I believe it’s a 2000w setup so does that mean i can and should I get up to 2000w solar panels?
And finally, once I’ve hooked everything up how do I have my home ac and home hvac and refrigerator etc use this solar power? Am I supppse to plug every item I want to use into the inverter? If so am I suppose to put an extension cord with multiple outlets on it connected to the Inverter? So basically how to plug into house,

Guys I have theee main questions.
Is the 24 v system he has on this site only for mobile or can it be suitable for a small home?

Either

I wasn’t clear how many solar panels do I need for this 24v system? I believe it’s a 2000w setup so does that mean i can and should I get up to 2000w solar panels?

Assuming you mean:

2000W is the power it can provide. As specified on that page, it can only handle about 1000W of panels.

And finally, once I’ve hooked everything up how do I have my home ac and home hvac and refrigerator etc use this solar power?

You would wire the output of the inverter to the AC panel.

HIGHLY unlikely you could drive HVAC off this unless you're talking a 5000BTU/h window unit - about 6-8 hours per day to still allow for fridge and light loads.

Am I supppse to plug every item I want to use into the inverter?

No.

If so am I suppose to put an extension cord with multiple outlets on it connected to the Inverter?

No

So basically how to plug into house,

You get an inverter with AC output terminals and wire them to the AC panel.

The bigger issue here is you have absolutely no idea if this system is appropriate for you. A system needs to be designed to match the environment and the loads. What will likely happen is you will spend big money on this system and then find it falls far short of your needs.

Two steps:
Link #5 in my signature to determine your available solar.
Link #1 in my signature to conduct an energy audit - what you need to power, how much power it uses, and how long you want to run it daily.

With those two steps completed, you can confidently design and configure a system.

Turn phone sideways to see my signature.

Back