diy solar

diy solar

Need info on solar powered irrigation that needs timer system for transfer pump.

ReverendKai

Hello and good morning, good evening or good night depending on when you are reading.
I am in need of some assistance if anyone is able.

A little background:
In the back, I have a 100w Solperk panel (gets direct Sun 90% of the day) connected to a controller rated upto 120w. This charges 2 12v batteries in parallel. The batteries power a 450gph transfer pump which pull from my 6 220gal IBC totes ( 2- 3tote groups) I will be setting a second system up on the side using 2 30w Solperk panels to a controller rated upto 120w to 2 12v batteries in parallel, and a lower volume 12v gph pump.

Currently, I am manually connecting/ disconnecting the clips for the pump to turn it on/off. I have a timer for the water flow ready to install.

To the meat of the question:
I am trying to find an outdoor (if possible) 12v DC timer, that I can put between the batteries and the transfer pump that will automatically turn on/off the pump a minimum of 2x a day for up to 10 minutes of runtime.

I'd rather not use an inverter that runs 24/7 and will drain the batteries faster than they can charge.

Thank you for taking the time to read and offer your knowledge and expertise. Any and all information, insights and/or tips are greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
-Steven

Welcome to the forum!

Something like this? You'll have to come up with a water proof box. If you snag one please report back with your results.

Thank you very much.
I've looked at a lot of different timers but no one could ever offer any suggestions on a specific type/style/model. I appreciate your help.
I will check back in when completed.

Currently it's all in a heavy duty plastic tote that I drilled two holes in for the water lines, year later and the only water ever inside was when I first set it up and forgot the Teflon tape on the pump.

Back