diy solar

diy solar

need interior wiring advice - installing 2 PV panels on roof, to charge an EcoFlow River Pro in the house

Lex

Hello!

I'm new to this forum, and was hoping to get some advice on running wiring directly from two solar panels on the roof, down into my garage. Originally, I was going to set up 2 PV panels on foldable brackets to have it placed outside on the ground. I figured it would be more stable and trouble free if I mounted it high up on the roof with unblocked views of the southern sky, and keep it from getting knocked over by my kids, pets, and landscaper.

This is just for a hobbyist type setup. I don't intend to use the power for an inverter or any other purpose than to top up a portable EcoFlow River Pro power bank. It supports direct wiring from solar panels, right into its front panel, using a MC4 to XT60 wiring adapter.

I'm looking at about a 40 foot wiring run and am looking to use 10 ga PV grade cables and extensions.

Questions I have:

- install EMT conduit down through my attic and into my garage? Is there a better alternative (ie - cheaper)?
- fuses, where should I install?
- cut off switches (in attic? in my garage?)
- ground cable from PV panels, should this be run outside, down the side of my roof and into a ground rod?
- what other considerations are there?

Thanks in advance!

Lex

Back