diy solar

diy solar

Need inverter recommendations for offgrid house

myersfamilyhome

I'm needing to order the primary inverter for my offgrid home. Below is how everything is setup currently. Can I please get recommendations for some reliable efficient ones from the community. I know we are looking for at least 5kw and trying to decide on either putting small tankless water heaters at the locations that need it or getting creative with diy solar water heating since I live in N. Nevada. Not sure about split phase is necessary but would be nice to have just in case I guess.

Current Configuration [48v]:
2S2P[Trina-325w-33.6v-9.67a]->Victron SSCC 100/20
->
+ Busbar
- Busbar->
Victron SmartShunt 500A
->
48v/12v Converter->12v Draw/Devices
TBD [Inverter]->120/240v Draw/Breaker box
->BMS[Daly-48v-300a-16s]->16 Eve304ah Lifepo4 Cells

Thanks in advance for everyone's input ?

Since everyone has different priorities and budgets, recommendations from others is not necessarily very valuable to your particular situation. I'm using a Schneider Conext XW+ 6848 AC Coupled. Its considered a premium product and is priced as such. If I had to do it over, I would choose the same Inverter its been great. Outback, Magnum, SMA maybe Sol-Ark would be in that category also. They have very good reputations.
On the other hand Dave Poz recently posted a video regarding his 2 Growatt inverters after a year of usage. He was happy with their performance. Growatt, MPP Solar, EG4 are considered value priced products and many on this forum are using them.
Since you are off grid and don't need all the features of a UL1741SA inverter, I would recommend stacking at least 2 of the lower priced inverters so there is some redundancy built into your system.

Since everyone has different priorities and budgets, recommendations from others is not necessarily very valuable to your particular situation. I'm using a Schneider Conext XW+ 6848 AC Coupled. Its considered a premium product and is priced as such. If I had to do it over, I would choose the same Inverter its been great. Outback, Magnum, SMA maybe Sol-Ark would be in that category also. They have very good reputations.
On the other hand Dave Poz recently posted a video regarding his 2 Growatt inverters after a year of usage. He was happy with their performance. Growatt, MPP Solar, EG4 are considered value priced products and many on this forum are using them.
Since you are off grid and don't need all the features of a UL1741SA inverter, I would recommend stacking at least 2 of the lower priced inverters so there is some redundancy built into your system.
On the lower end of the price range there's also the Schneider Conext SW 4048.

I'm needing to order the primary inverter for my offgrid home. Below is how everything is setup currently. Can I please get recommendations for some reliable efficient ones from the community. I know we are looking for at least 5kw and trying to decide on either putting small tankless water heaters at the locations that need it or getting creative with diy solar water heating since I live in N. Nevada. Not sure about split phase is necessary but would be nice to have just in case I guess.

Current Configuration [48v]:
->
+ Busbar
- Busbar->
Victron SmartShunt 500A
->
48v/12v Converter->12v Draw/Devices
TBD [Inverter]->120/240v Draw/Breaker box

Thanks in advance for everyone's input ?
i'm trying to an appropriate inverter also. i want at least 4000watts output eventually. using two 48v 100ah batteries to begin with and hope to buy at least one more eventually. my mppt is victron 500v 80a. i already have 4/0 wire. will have two 20 amp ac circuit breakers for output. My panel will have spaces for at least 2 more circuit breakers. I bought a 150amp fuse, but am not sure that is the size i need for the inverter input.
my computer, modems and tv will be powered, so i need a pure sine wave inverter...probably a low frequency inverter?

I full time RV - so kinda the same…

Since you already have a bunch of Victron gear - look at a Victron inverter, then look at the Cerbo (or roll your own with a Pi).

I have been using a Multiplus 12/3000 for several years and it has been flawless. (Except when we are running the microwave and then start the toaster - too many watts - so it shuts down for one minute- then it restarts - no problems).

Having the CCGX (like a Cerbo- but older) is very nice, because it is simple enough for my wife to turn the screen on and understand what is going on. Plus there is a bunch of data available for when you need it.

So maybe a Quattro 48/5000 or Something else like that (they have several newer ones that I don’t know a lot about).

Good luck!

I full time RV - so kinda the same…

Since you already have a bunch of Victron gear - look at a Victron inverter, then look at the Cerbo (or roll your own with a Pi).

I have been using a Multiplus 12/3000 for several years and it has been flawless. (Except when we are running the microwave and then start the toaster - too many watts - so it shuts down for one minute- then it restarts - no problems).

Having the CCGX (like a Cerbo- but older) is very nice, because it is simple enough for my wife to turn the screen on and understand what is going on. Plus there is a bunch of data available for when you need it.

So maybe a Quattro 48/5000 or Something else like that (they have several newer ones that I don’t know a lot about).

Good luck!
the victron quattro is almost twice the cost, but i really like it because it will charge my batteries when on the grid, two grid inputs of 100a each,
and at the same time it would run my kitchen power lines. i will check out cerbo, but i think multiplus is out of the question because most of their
equipment puts out only 50hz.

Back