diy solar

diy solar

Need some help with existing systems.

J_M_88

Hello everyone, I need help with my existing solar systems. I have a Jackery 1000 with two 100 watt Solar Saga panels. I also have an Aliner, that is pre wired for Zamp. What I am trying to do, is to use the Solar panels that came with my Jackery, which have an 8mm male connection plug with no controller, and use them on my Aliner, which has the Zamp plug. Can this be done or do I need to purchase different panels for the Aliner? Thank you for your help.

Hello everyone, I need help with my existing solar systems. I have a Jackery 1000 with two 100 watt Solar Saga panels. I also have an Aliner, that is pre wired for Zamp. What I am trying to do, is to use the Solar panels that came with my Jackery, which have an 8mm male connection plug with no controller, and use them on my Aliner, which has the Zamp plug. Can this be done or do I need to purchase different panels for the Aliner? Thank you for your help.
I'm not familiar with a zamp plug so I had to google it. It seems to be nothing more than a standard SAE automobile-type 12vdc plug, and therefore available at any auto parts store. I'm a great believer in converting to generic plugs and getting away from proprietary ones.
That solves your physical connection, but you're gonna have to think about the electrical part as well: is everything 12v dc?

I'm not familiar with a zamp plug so I had to google it. It seems to be nothing more than a standard SAE automobile-type 12vdc plug, and therefore available at any auto parts store. I'm a great believer in converting to generic plugs and getting away from proprietary ones.
That solves your physical connection, but you're gonna have to think about the electrical part as well: is everything 12v dc?
Thank you 45North for your assistance. everything is 12 volts, from what I have been able to research, I will need to purchase a 12-volt controller, which needs to be placed between the panel and the trailer. I take it, that I will need to purchase a converter plug, that at one end is a female 8mm input and the other end would be the SAE plug, correct?

Thank you 45North for your assistance. everything is 12 volts, from what I have been able to research, I will need to purchase a 12-volt controller, which needs to be placed between the panel and the trailer. I take it, that I will need to purchase a converter plug, that at one end is a female 8mm input and the other end would be the SAE plug, correct?
The Aliner trailer has two 6 volt batteries connected in Parallel

Back