diy solar

diy solar

Need some review

scmoore

Hello, New here and have some questions. I installing my first grid tie system and would like a review and a couple of questions answered.
24- 210 watt panels ground mount
vmp 28.6v
imp 7.43a
voc 36.7v
isc 7.93a

planning 2 strings of 12 with a 100' run of 10 guage to AC disconnect to 5000watt sunny boy inverter to electric panel.

So my questions are at 343 volts 7.5 amps it does not seam like my 240 volt 60 amp disconnect is right.

If I do strings of 6 panels and parallel 2 of them then I will be at 172 volts and 15amps. Will the 10 guage still work? And how much effect will the lower voltage have on the inverter. Inverter will work in the 100 to 600 volt range with the sweet spot in the 200 to 450 volt range.

AC disconnect should be between inverter and grid. AC output is 240V and (5000W/240V) 20.83A.

PV put out DC, and if you're tying to the grid, you better do the research. The most recent code requires that each individual panel have an automatic DC cut-off.

AC disconnect should be between inverter and grid. AC output is 240V and (5000W/240V) 20.83A.

PV put out DC, and if you're tying to the grid, you better do the research. The most recent code requires that each individual panel have an automatic DC cut-off.
I was told I did not need the individual panel disconnects because it is ground mounted not on the roof. SMA inverter has automatic ac disconnect.

I was told I did not need the individual panel disconnects because it is ground mounted not on the roof. SMA inverter has automatic ac disconnect.
I wonder if that means it will synchronize with any ac power source(within spec) that it detects.

Back