diy solar

diy solar

Need to replace batterry bank

Aussie

Need to replace my batterry bank. Live in Queensland Australia. LifoPO4 are out of my price range .Had bad luck with the battewrys I now have. $15000 and less then 5 years. 5 year pro rata warranty. Means I get next to nothing and would have to deal with the same company and get crap batterys. Any ideas on carbon batterys? What are the best type of batterys to get? I worked out I use 11500 whr a day I think thats right but I could be wrong. I have 6 kw of solar panels . Not sure how long I have before one of these batterys just dies so I am under a bit of pressure. (I am on stand alone power) Thanks for your thoughts.

Gday Aussie, greetings from the deep south (Tasmania)

You could get almost 15 KWh of LiFePO4 from China for under $10000

Gday, Mate. From what I have been reading about LiFePO4, it's a guessing game as to the quality of batterys you get. I would love to replace with them, my preferred choice really. What is a "reputable" brand to buy??

Yes it is a bit of a crap shot as to the quality you get but that being said many people here get a good result from AliExpress.

Follow the threads here, you will get a feel of what's good and where not to even try your luck.

I've just ordered 4 200 AH LitoKala cells from the LitoKalaVariCore flagship store for $460 AU shipped (before I read the thread here about not buying from here :( ). Not a huge gamble tho and as long as they arrive and have at least 3/4 of the advertised capacity I will still be happy.

Of course, less risk means higher price. 16 320 Ah LitoKala cells (and an appropriate BMS) would give you a nice 48V 320 AH system and this can be had for a very attractive price on AliExpress or Alibaba.

Follow the threads, very nice helpful and knowledgeable people here.

Back