diy solar

diy solar

NEEDED: Lifepo4 Charger 1s+ for Individual Cells

Steve_S

Offgrid Cabineer, N.E. Ontario, Canada
I've ordered in some 280AH cells from XUBA and will be doing capacity testing on the individual cells with the tester below. But I need a charger that supports charging one or more cells concurrently which does not break the bank. There are some small 5A to 10A chargers but 10A @ 3.65V will take ages to charge a 280AH cell. I do not particularly need balancing as I want to charge each cell after a discharge and then build the packs. Suggestion & Recommendations welcome. eBay/Amazon, Ali* are all okay, although I would prefer local "Canada" and then US next before having to go off shore if possible.

The 180W model shown, which Is what I'll be using.
HTB1TbhJSrvpK1RjSZFqq6AXUVXaq.jpg

Thanks in Advance for your input.

I found this company which certainly produces some interesting chargers but they can get really steep quickly.

I also found this charger which seems to have the right stuff as it were, so I sent a question to the vendor to verify some details.
Adjustable Charger 1A - 50A Current 2.6V~ 29.4V Voltage 3.65V 14.6V Lifepo4 Li-ion Lipo Lithium Fast Charge 1S 2S 3S 4S 5S 6S 7S

There is this one, which is only 15A but @ $37 it's cheap but it may take forever to charge each cell (x16) I think even my grey hair would fallout waiting or that.

How many batteries do you plan on testing?
I'll be testing all 16 280AH cells but I'll likely tear into the ShunBin pack and test those cells as well.... I KNOW they will be interesting to do but nothing will surprise me out of THAT lot. So that's another 16 cells @ 175AH ea.... for a total of 32 cells

It will be interesting to see if your little tester holds up to all of that.

With your skills have you thought of making your own tester. One where you can log and compare cells

Yes I could build / assemble something but it isn't what I want to do I am leaning towards that 50A because at .2C for 280AH it's 48A. I would prefer some form of logging apparatus aside for the AILY with a Hall Sensor but that does not log to a PC r anything.

Meanwell HRP-100-3.3 will give you 20-22A of charging at any voltage between 3.1-3.8v - they cost about $40 brand new, much cheaper on ebay. If you need more amperage you can go to a HRP-300 or 600. I've been using the 600s for my individual cell testing and they work awesome. They have very precise voltage regulation and they're current limited so they won't overamp themselves.

Meanwell HRP-100-3.3 will give you 20-22A of charging at any voltage between 3.1-3.8v - they cost about $40 brand new, much cheaper on ebay. If you need more amperage you can go to a HRP-300 or 600. I've been using the 600s for my individual cell testing and they work awesome. They have very precise voltage regulation and they're current limited so they won't overamp themselves.

Lately i have been taking the easy way out and first balancing the cells no matter what percentage of charge they are until they are all equal ... Then taking a Progressive Dynamics Inteli-Power RV Converter and Battery Charger - Lithium - 12V - 90 Amps charger and putting (4) 3.2 200aH batteries in series ... zapping it for a few hours and having the BMS shut it down at 90% ... that has made my life soooo much easier/faster being able to charge at 90A ... and I can hook multiple 12V batteries to the charger and they will all cut off when they each hit the right 90% .. and then the remaining ones will charge even faster ... Thus I can get back to watching NETFLIX at work ...

I've ordered in some 280AH cells from XUBA and will be doing capacity testing on the individual cells with the tester below. But I need a charger that supports charging one or more cells concurrently which does not break the bank. There are some small 5A to 10A chargers but 10A @ 3.65V will take ages to charge a 280AH cell. I do not particularly need balancing as I want to charge each cell after a discharge and then build the packs. Suggestion & Recommendations welcome. eBay/Amazon, Ali* are all okay, although I would prefer local "Canada" and then US next before having to go off shore if possible.

The 180W model shown, which Is what I'll be using.
HTB1TbhJSrvpK1RjSZFqq6AXUVXaq.jpg

Thanks in Advance for your input.

Absolutely don't need this at all -- BUT man it look pretty -- and really -- just because i don't NEED it is no reason I shouldn't get it... right ?? Seriously - i have sooo many little toys now on my desk I have only used once ... or that have caught on fire -- or the factory smoke is out ... aaagghhh ... I will give myself 24 hours to decide ....

Back