diy solar

diy solar

Needing help determining power consumption

teamrwd

My average kWh/ day use is 75kwh. Keep in mind there are five in the house. Most of that load is during the summer as we keep it at 69 in the house. All bulbs are LED. We have an old 3 ton hvac from 2005 and a newer 6 yo 15 seer 2 ton unit.

Knowing I can’t afford a full solar system, what would I need to power essentials. In other words under this scenario how long would the fridge run

9.5 amp 110v fridge/freezer with a 200ah lifepo4 battery?

I can probably Build a diy kit but I have no idea how to really calculate my usage. What is the best way to calculate it excluding hvac or water heater (which is gas)…

Help asap

DIY checklist in my signature. Energy audit. You define the items you want to run, and the energy they use. Then you design a system to power them.

You may need to invest in a kill-a-watt, so you can monitor various devices for their daily energy consumption.

I discovered that my 6.5 Amp refrigerator really uses that much power only when the compressor starts. It's low humidity here, so I can cool with a portable evaporative cooler all afternoon, and run my GE kitchen refrigerator/freezer all day with 400 W of panels and 170 AH @ 24V batteries.

Back