diy solar

diy solar

Net Metering Application Questions

Chretien

I am trying to complete the utility (SCE in California) Net-metering application. This will be a self-install project.

Has anyone completed the application themselves? There are no resources online for completing the application. The only questions I have left are below. I beleive they want information on the inverter since I will not have a generator attached, and they do call the entire system an "Generating Facility" . The only peice of data I could find was the software version # of the inverter from the manufacturer website. But I don't know if any of these others only apply to a generator or to the inverter. These also do not appear to be ratings that appear on a nameplate, but rather they are calculated. I have attached the spec sheet for the inverters (2) and the solar panels (Q-cell 395) if anyone can help.

Additional Technical Information for Generator / Inverter

Does the Generating Facility meet any of the criteria below?

Yes
  • Sized larger than 10 kW
  • Utilize a technology other than wind, solar or fuel cells that use renewable fuels
  • Have a point on interconnection on line side tap
  • Require net generation output (NGO) metering
  • Have additional generation on-site (including energy storage devices)
  • Utilize non-certified equipment
NOTE: Information in this section is required, as applicable. Please enter 0 (zero) when not applicable.

Prime Mover Type * ?
Select... Photovoltaic Panels

Generator Software Version Number ?

Inverter Software Version Number ?
MCU-6206

Gross Nameplate Rating (kVA) * ?

Gross DC Nameplate Rating (kW) * ?

Net Nameplate Rating (kW) * ?

Operating Voltage (kV) * ?

Power Factor (PF) Rating (%) * ?

Maximum PF Adjustment Range (%) * ?

Minimum PF Adjustment Range (%) * ?

Wiring Configuration * ?
Select... Single-Phase

Short Circuit Current Produced by Generator (Amps) * ?

Generator Design * ?
Select... Synchronous Induction Inverter

Attachments

• 12KSpecSheet_9-24-2021.pdf
    1,017.7 KB · Views: 4
  • QCells - 395-415 - Q.PEAK_DUO_ML-G10.a.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I had someone help me with the PG&E paperwork and the line drawings for the building permit. It was worth it. As far as I know, the inverters are listed on the CEC with the numbers you may need. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I do know you need to have the building permit finaled before the NEM application can be completed.

Last edited:
YA, the permit is easy and there are many who will help with that. I think I looked at the PG&E application and it was easier than SCE. SCE is such a pain to work with.

Many utilities in CA have a one page application even for over 10kw systems.

YA, the permit is easy and there are many who will help with that. I think I looked at the PG&E application and it was easier than SCE. SCE is such a pain to work with.

Many utilities in CA have a one page application even for over 10kw systems.
I have submitted my application on Feb 27. Have not received any response yet.
what happens after application submitted? What is the next step? Does SCE need additional documents or corrections? What happens if you make a small change in the array configuration after submitting the application?
thanks

Back