diy solar

diy solar

neutral/ ground bonding

NCguy

I have a stand alone solar setup 400 watt panels , victron 100/30 mppt charge controller , 2 100 amp lithium batteries ,and a 2000 /4000 watt aims inverter . I want to run this thru my shore power cord to charge my system and run some of the RV electric . When I connect it I just get flashing light on my surge guard ....I am assuming it sees it as an open ground ! Can I put a bonding plug on the inverter or will this cause any unsafe issues....inverter is grounded to the frame .

Yes that will work if the inverter is OK with it. Some inverters don't like connecting to a distribution system with neutral-ground-chassis-battery negative all connected.

If the Surge Guard has a bypass I would use that.

Another alternative is to wire in a transfer switch after the Surge Guard to feed the main panel.

Yes that will work if the inverter is OK with it. Some inverters don't like connecting to a distribution system with neutral-ground-chassis-battery negative all connected.

If the Surge Guard has a bypass I would use that.

Another alternative is to wire in a transfer switch after the Surge Guard to feed the main panel.
Thanks......I just wired in the surge guard the other day and it does not have a bypass . I was concerned when I put the surge guard in because I also have a generator for non solar days and thought I might have issues with that too. The RV has a Go Power solar setup that came with it ....400 watt panels on the roof and now upgraded MPPT charge controller , 1000 watt inverter , and 2 lithium 100 amp batteries . Wanted to be able to extend our electric power by adding some truck and ground panels thru the 2nd system , also want to be able to remove when I sell the RV .

Back