diy solar

diy solar

New 250A Smart BMS with 5A Active Balancer

I hope this is okay, given that there is no longer a commercial corner on here. But I just wanted to share our new 250A JBD Smart BMS that has a built-in optocoupler that outputs a signal to a supplied 5A Heltec active balancer, so it turns on and off when the on-board passive balancer does.

There are a lot of cables, I don't want to pretend like there aren't so it's not going to suit everyone, but if it does suit people, I think it can be a great solution. I actually came up with it so we can use it in our own batteries and only started offering it to DIYers as an afterthought.

Here's a review by Andy from the Off Grid Garage.

It looks like cool tech but at nearly 4-times the cost of the JK, I wonder if it is worth it.

It's Australian dollars and includes shipping.
I'm definitely not saying it's cheap, but it's not as expensive as it may appear to international customers.
The web site indicates $349, is that Australian dollars? it looks like a 71% exchange rate so about $250 US. I am on my second JK which is currently working but if it goes out, I should probably put this unit in the matrix.

How does it go connecting to Solar assistant or home assistant?
I'm guessing just disconnect the screen and use the pins to go to an rs485 to usb adapter?
This product looks great and I am looking at one for a set of cells.
Cheers

Last edited:
Back