diy solar

diy solar

New 280ah or 310 ah cells

Hooch44v

I'm ready to pull the trigger on 8 or 16 lifepo4 cells from china for 8s configuration
?#1 can anyone tell me which cells are for sure grade A I don't want B cells
?#2 Are the 310ah cells the same as the 280ah only bigger?
#3 Will the overkill 8s bms work well for this set up? Thanks in advance

I'm ready to pull the trigger on 8 or 16 lifepo4 cells from china for 8s configuration
Grade A is not rigidly and universally defined.
What do you mean by Grade A?
Which 310AH cells are you referring to?
The overkill 8s bms is rated for 100 amps.
If your application draws less than that, yes.
If your application draws more than that either use a different bms or one of the common workarounds to take the bms out of the current path.

I thought grade A meant new. Some of the sight actually say new and some don't say anything.

When your on will's site and click on lishen or eve cells. It takes you to aliexpress. Some of the names are varicore or lilo something. The blue covered aluminum prismatic cells. Basically which is the best place to buy them?

I thought grade A meant new. Some of the sight actually say new and some don't say anything.

When your on will's site and click on lishen or eve cells. It takes you to aliexpress. Some of the names are varicore or lilo something. The blue covered aluminum prismatic cells. Basically which is the best place to buy them?
Ok I see 280ah cells here https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/raw-lifepo4-deals-page.html
I post and read here a lot but hardly ever hear folks talk about 310ah cells.
The popular cells on this site are Eve and Lishen.
Here is a link to a compiled list of cell data sheets.

If you absolutely want grade A .... you gotta buy direct from the manufacturer. These cells will cost you much more than the reseller cells that may or may not be grade A.

Almost all these resellers claim there cells are grade A ..... but it is obvious that many of them are not.

Most are finding that the commodity cells from the resellers perform OK .... just search this forum for trusted providers or sellers.

The 310's are just starting to show up on this forum. I don't know who the manufacturer is, but pretty sure they are not the same cell as the 280's. Quite a few of the 280's are actually a little lower than stated capacity .... these are EVE cells. Quite a few of the 272's are actually checking closer to 280 capacity ... these are Lishen cells.

I think the 310's may be Catl, but don't know for sure .... maybe @Dzl will check in. He is more up to date on this.

The main thing I'm trying to get across is that just because they say Grade A doesn't mean much .... saying they are Grade A is just a knee jerk sales pitch.

I prefer "brand new never used cell" to "grade A" just due to descriptiveness.

"grades" are just bins

the journey continues for the single line qualifier...

how about... "brand new, defect free, never used, no holes, no leaks, no punctures, tested to 100% of capacity on every cell"

a builder can dream

No matter what you specify .... many of them will say yes, that's what we sell. Sellers like Amy have a good track record of supporting what they say .... and Michael on the group buy as well.

Last edited:
I've spoken with Amy before, and she seemed to be real. I'm very cautious about buying through ali*

It's more than just the label, finding the right seller is of course super important too.

I've spoken with Amy before, and she seemed to be real. I'm very cautious about buying through ali*

It's more than just the label, finding the right seller is of course super important too.
There's a lot of stress involved with buying from Ali ..... especially the first time. A lot of money on the line and a long wait.
A trusted seller helps a LOT.

Inked310 cell_LI.jpg

Wish they would make the distance from each side to the centerline of the post the same distance so we wouldn't have to have 2 sizes of buss bars.....very frustrating they make all these batteries this way...

View attachment 39340

Wish they would make the distance from each side to the centerline of the post the same distance so we wouldn't have to have 2 sizes of buss bars.....very frustrating they make all these batteries this way...

In my situation I am likely lining them up in a row. so it doesnt matter much. but I agree, would be nice if the distance was the same for ease of putting them in a 2x4 block instead of 1x8 row.

I purchased mine through Aimee Lee from Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd.

Basen 310AH cells

Purchased 12 total including DDP shipping to me in Canada was $1410 or $469 per set of 4 including shipping.

I do not have them for awhile yet.. but Ill update to let you know when they arrive how they are.

Last edited:

If the 8s Overkill Solar BMS doesn't provide enough amps in a single battery deployment, you can add a second parallel battery, and get 200 amps of throughput.

As others have said, use a trusted seller. That's what I did and the stress was a lot less.

In my situation I am likely lining them up in a row. so it doesnt matter much. but I agree, would be nice if the distance was the same for ease of putting them in a 2x4 block instead of 1x8 row.

I purchased mine through Aimee Lee from Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd.

Basen 310AH cells

Purchased 12 total including DDP shipping to me in Canada was $1410 or $469 per set of 4 including shipping.

I do not have them for awhile yet.. but Ill update to let you know when they arrive how they are.
Is that Canadian or US dollars, and what part of Canada? thx

Back