diy solar

diy solar

New 280ah or 310 ah cells

Thankyou all for the input. Yes stressful to spend thousands on something that won't be here for a long time. I want 16 cells but I think I might get 8 first to c how it goes. But if they come nice I'm going to regret having to order and wait again.

To hrtkd boon docker. Just confirming to get the 200 amp potential your just adding a second bms to the second battery in parallel. Is that right?

I just bit on some 310 AH cells
alibaba.com/product-detail/Exliporc-lithium-iron-phosphate-calb-lifepo4_1600206686827.html?spm=a2756.order-detail-ta-bn-b.0.0.724e2fc2CBHEZw
Looks like they will take 15 days to ship then slow boat 30-35 days to Arizona.
Once they arrive I will test voltages etc, and post impressions and results here on the forum.

Last edited:
In my situation I am likely lining them up in a row. so it doesnt matter much. but I agree, would be nice if the distance was the same for ease of putting them in a 2x4 block instead of 1x8 row.

I purchased mine through Aimee Lee from Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd.

Basen 310AH cells

Purchased 12 total including DDP shipping to me in Canada was $1410 or $469 per set of 4 including shipping.

I do not have them for awhile yet.. but Ill update to let you know when they arrive how they are.
Any updates so far? I'm also thinking of jumping on the 310s.

I got word mine had shipped no word on arrival. Guess it is about time to order the adjustable power supply to top balance them. Hope the BMS units made the same boat. Is not this super fun?? Just checked fex ex they dont have package yet Mine shipped 31 March. Good news going to west coast no trip thru Suez Canal
My plan is to make 12 volt batteries hooked in parallel mostly because I don't want to use a fleet of step down 24 to 12 converters to run landing gear on 5th wheel and a 20 amp 12 volt run to the macerator. System tentatively will be 4 210 what connected 2s each to its own 40Amp Solar controller given 2 40s cost less than 1 good 60 amp Probably victron multi 3000 12 volt 120 inverter converter. OFC will run all appropriate fuses and cutoff switches.

The 310's are just starting to show up on this forum. I don't know who the manufacturer is, but pretty sure they are not the same cell as the 280's. Quite a few of the 280's are actually a little lower than stated capacity .... these are EVE cells. Quite a few of the 272's are actually checking closer to 280 capacity ... these are Lishen cells.

I think the 310's may be Catl, but don't know for sure .... maybe @Dzl will check in. He is more up to date on this.

The main thing I'm trying to get across is that just because they say Grade A doesn't mean much .... saying they are Grade A is just a knee jerk sales pitch.
here is the Ali express web site https://www.aliexpress.com/af/310ah...cells&catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20210413193801

Still waiting on the cells The 2 150 amp Daly fan cooled BMS arrived today. Will update when I get the battery cells

So for me in California it took about 10 days for shenzhen basen to tell me they were shipped. A few days after I located some fedex tag numbers that basically said pending. I checked the tracking info almost every day for probably 30 days. Nothing ever changed. Then out of the blue they arrived on my door step. All 8 were in excellent condition. 1 had a slightly darker blue wrap on it. I also liked the fact they have welded studs. However that seems to make ok less surface area on the bottom of terminal.

My only negative is that when placed side by side, several appear to be bulging at least an 1/8 inch or so. This is my first purchase and build of these batteries so I don't know how significant it may be. I did a top balance on all cells. They were practiclyt dead nuts already. I believe the variance was .004.

So for me in California it took about 10 days for shenzhen basen to tell me they were shipped. A few days after I located some fedex tag numbers that basically said pending. I checked the tracking info almost every day for probably 30 days. Nothing ever changed. Then out of the blue they arrived on my door step. All 8 were in excellent condition. 1 had a slightly darker blue wrap on it. I also liked the fact they have welded studs. However that seems to make ok less surface area on the bottom of terminal.

My only negative is that when placed side by side, several appear to be bulging at least an 1/8 inch or so. This is my first purchase and build of these batteries so I don't know how significant it may be. I did a top balance on all cells. They were practiclyt dead nuts already. I believe the variance was .004.
You can't tell how well top balanced they are by the shipping voltage delta.
This is a common mistake.
Based on your report that some of the cells are bulging I would capacity test each cell individually.

I got word mine had shipped no word on arrival. Guess it is about time to order the adjustable power supply to top balance them. Hope the BMS units made the same boat. Is not this super fun?? Just checked fex ex they dont have package yet Mine shipped 31 March. Good news going to west coast no trip thru Suez Canal
My plan is to make 12 volt batteries hooked in parallel mostly because I don't want to use a fleet of step down 24 to 12 converters to run landing gear on 5th wheel and a 20 amp 12 volt run to the macerator. System tentatively will be 4 210 what connected 2s each to its own 40Amp Solar controller given 2 40s cost less than 1 good 60 amp Probably victron multi 3000 12 volt 120 inverter converter. OFC will run all appropriate fuses and cutoff switches.
I was in the same boat for my toy hauler. Do I go with 12v and let it run everything including my winch. or 24v and have a separate battery for that. Well I got a good deal on a 24v multiplus so that's what I'm going with. The multipus has a separate 12v output to trickle charge, so it works out. Plus not having to run wiring for 200-400A is nice

alibaba.com/product-detail/Exliporc-lithium-iron-phosphate-calb-lifepo4_1600206686827.html?spm=a2756.order-detail-ta-bn-b.0.0.724e2fc2CBHEZw Ordered 25 March and my 310 AH LIPO4 batteries arrived today looks like 47 days total from order to arrive. They were packaged exactly as shown above in the pictures of the cells in a box with white foam around them. They are 2.75 thick 6.75 wide and 8 inch high not counting the studs. As near as I can tell the studs are centered on the cell. Studs approx 3/4 inch high with 1/2 inch usable thread. The QR codes are intact. One box of 4 cells all cells measured 3.28 Volts the other box all cells measured 3.30 volts. Pretty sure once I hook together and attach BMS and top balance all will be right with the world. I have on hand 2 Daly 150 AMP Bms with fans. Need to get ring adapters to attach to the individual cell BMS leads then will build the batteries and top balance. I am tempted to put one of the 310 AH batteries in my 5th Wheel and let the BMS handle charging limits without getting the Victron Multi 3000 wired in but probably will not do that as I want both batteries to be the same when I get them finally installed.

alibaba.com/product-detail/Exliporc-lithium-iron-phosphate-calb-lifepo4_1600206686827.html?spm=a2756.order-detail-ta-bn-b.0.0.724e2fc2CBHEZw Ordered 25 March and my 310 AH LIPO4 batteries arrived today looks like 47 days total from order to arrive. They were packaged exactly as shown above in the pictures of the cells in a box with white foam around them. They are 2.75 thick 6.75 wide and 8 inch high not counting the studs. As near as I can tell the studs are centered on the cell. Studs approx 3/4 inch high with 1/2 inch usable thread. The QR codes are intact. One box of 4 cells all cells measured 3.28 Volts the other box all cells measured 3.30 volts. Pretty sure once I hook together and attach BMS and top balance all will be right with the world. I have on hand 2 Daly 150 AMP Bms with fans. Need to get ring adapters to attach to the individual cell BMS leads then will build the batteries and top balance. I am tempted to put one of the 310 AH batteries in my 5th Wheel and let the BMS handle charging limits without getting the Victron Multi 3000 wired in but probably will not do that as I want both batteries to be the same when I get them finally installed.
Wow that is good, I ordered mine on the 14 of March and I'm still waiting to hear from the forwarding company. Let us know how they test. Thanks

Back