diy solar

diy solar

New 300AH Lifepo4 batteries

Anybody seen these batteries? Just seems to good to be true...
Curious about what bms and which cells inside...
Would these have low temp cutoff?

The pics look too small to be 300Ah.
Size: 330*220*170mm
That is Only 13" x 8.6" x 6.7"
I am too lazy to look up measurements on a 300Ah so you do it.
Listing does not give the weight.

Charging and discharging rate is low for 300Ah

Model: 12V 300Ah battery pack

Battery type: LiFePO4 Battery

Delivery date: 2021

Nominal voltage: 12.8V

Nominal capacity: 300Ah

Maximum charging current: 50A

Instantaneous discharge current: 200A

Continuous discharge current: 100A

Life: 4000 cycles or more

Charging temperature: 0~45°C

Discharge temperature: -20~60°C

Storage temperature: -20~65 °C

Size: 330*220*170mm (+/-10mm)

Operating voltage range: 10.0 V-14.6 V

Overload protection voltage: 14.6 V 0.05 V

Protection voltage against overload: 10.0 V 0.05 V

Protect battery temperature: 60°C plusmn 5°C

I asked the seller about the weight. It is 12.5 kg. Definitely not a 300AH battery, but something around 100AH. The charging/discharging currents from the specs confirm that.

I should have read this earlier, as I have 1 of these on order. Ordered it a while back, and it's due to be delivered this month. I'm going to get robbed, aren't I?

Unfortunately Kman68. If you read everything correctly, it actually seems way too good to be true. One has to search very far to find reviews of these batteries and when you find them you always come to the conclusion that the batteries never deliver the capacity than the battery is indicated on it

I just read that in the reviews that are attached to the link. Here's an example of a review of a US customer "I just read that in the reviews that are attached to the link. Here's an example of a review of a US customer "
US

Color: 12v 300Ah Logistics: Seller's Shipping Method

I did not receive the items until 5 days before the refund date. But the real disappointment was I tested them both and they tested about 110 ah. They are supposed to be 300 ah batteries. I am opening a dispute now. I will say the case is nice if only they had the capacity advertised. 14 Aug 2021 21:36

Always look at the weight. The best energy density of LiFePO4 cells is in the large prismatic cells.
EVE 280Ah cells have an energy density of 169Wh/kg.
A 12v 300Ah bank should have 3.2x4x300 = 3840Wh.
It should therefore weigh 22.7Kg in batteries alone.

I would concur with the misrepresentation of the capacity of these. Just bought a 200Ahr one to find that it tested at just 1200 watts. At the price and weight I am not shocked and not really concerned enough to send it back Because it’s enough of am improvement over what I have.
A bigger concern to me is the included charger. The output wires are too thin and run hot enough for me not to trust them. As “fire prevention“ I broke into the charger and change those wires on the output for some 12 gauge - fire prevention - and voided warranty in one shot.

No I am not going to buy another but I might look at Chins or a Millertech with heaters.

heh; just bought a 500AH kehk'yies for testing; kind of want to do a tear down and see what is inside. The lack of info and wonky specs are concerning. I see the terrible connectors on top which is typical for these cheapies. Expectations are set accordingly.

Going guess 200-300AH with some grade B's stuffed in there maybe?; wonder what the BMS is.

Back