diy solar

diy solar

New 48 volt rack battery specs-what do you want to see?

have thought of that
How awesome would it be to have a user customizable battery.
Example:
You have XX amount of components to choose from - they are shipped to the user with simple plug and play functions
Examples include Battery Cells (pick your AH and voltage)
BMS module to simply attach to plug in port for BMS settings
Monitoring solutions (bms, wifi, etc plug in)
Pre charge resistor module

The whole thing could be built off a base and fully customizable, but simple for the end user to just plug it all in.
What an amazing battery that would be - and I bet it would quickly become the industry leader for a number of reasons.

Example:
You have XX amount of components to choose from - they are shipped to the user with simple plug and play functions

The whole thing could be built off a base and fully customizable, but simple for the end user to just plug it all in.
What an amazing battery that would be - and I bet it would quickly become the industry leader for a number of reasons.
I would buy this... (with probably all the options... lol)

Example:

you mean kind of like the seplos diy mason series ?

you mean kind of like the seplos diy mason series ?
Similar - it appears the final manufacturing and construction of these are at a factory level - I'm thinking more along the lines of the end user piecing it all together. The problem I see with those units is 1) The price is too high for what you get 2) I don't see a way an end user can upgrade or change his battery later down the line and 3) Quality issues with the additional parts. (can't actually tell if it's good or bad - they need to update the marketing materials to make it much easier to find out this info).

They are on the right track, but TONS of room for improvement.

Similar - it appears the final manufacturing and construction of these are at a factory level - I'm thinking more along the lines of the end user piecing it all together. The problem I see with those units is 1) The price is too high for what you get 2) I don't see a way an end user can upgrade or change his battery later down the line and 3) Quality issues with the additional parts. (can't actually tell if it's good or bad - they need to update the marketing materials to make it much easier to find out this info).

They are on the right track, but TONS of room for improvement.
price too high richard ?
350 euro without bms, but including everything else, or 500 with bms sounds not bad too me.
add your own 304/302/280 cells and one will have a 300 ah rack mount battery for under 3000.
thats 3 times the battery for less than twice as much as the eg4's..

nope doesnt sound bad at all to me

price too high richard ?
350 euro without bms, but including everything else, or 500 with bms sounds not bad too me.
add your own 304/302/280 cells and one will have a 300 ah rack mount battery for under 3000.
thats 3 times the battery for less than twice as much as the eg4's..

nope doesnt sound bad at all to me
Not sure which website I was looking at, but the price for the finished unit was much higher - did you have an official link to the unit from Seplos directly?

Not sure which website I was looking at, but the price for the finished unit was much higher - did you have an official link to the unit from Seplos directly?
will share part of the email exchange i had with them :

"Whatsapp: Link +86

We now have a MASON case with 16 pcs Eve 280Ah cells and a 200A BMS. The price of the battery case plus BMS is 450USD. If you already have BMS, the price is minus the price of BMS. 450-145=305USD"

Last edited:
I've seen China (And actually american companies too) really shave the costs on these batteries by making them 15s (48v) instead of 16s (51.2v).

Sure is much easier to make a 48v battery cheaper that a 51.2v battery. But you get what you pay for!

I've seen China (And actually american companies too) really shave the costs on these batteries by making them 15s (48v) instead of 16s (51.2v).

Sure is much easier to make a 48v battery cheaper that a 51.2v battery. But you get what you pay for!
Uup..Yup...

Huge bummer when trying to get one at a good price.

False listing as 16s on many ads too...

But they state 9600Wh for 200Ah and that tells the tale.

Or 4800 for a supposedly 100Ah 48v battery...

Last edited:
they have their complete packages, and this case only package.
for my personal taste, their cell are simply overpriced.

i liked their 1000 euro kit, but after the first batch it soon became over priced too, so i do get your point

will share part of the email exchange i had with them :

"Whatsapp: Link +86

We now have a MASON case with 16 pcs Eve 280Ah cells and a 200A BMS. The price of the battery case plus BMS is 450USD. If you already have BMS, the price is minus the price of BMS. 450-145=305USD"
Woah. You are saying that you can get 16 EVE Cells for 305 dollars. That's just....not possible. I mean. Or are they saying that JUST THE CASE is 305 dollars...

Edit: Just read your earlier message....not including the cells.

Woah. You are saying that you can get 16 EVE Cells for 305 dollars. That's just....not possible. I mean. Or are they saying that JUST THE CASE is 305 dollars...

no this the case + bms + everything you need like busbars, breakers except the cells for 450.

if you choose not to buy the bms, it 305

please read again above ;)

in my honest opinion, you guys could score big with sonething similar, only fully locally sourced.
"made and designed in the usa" is a big thing over there, plus , i dont see global shipping and production returning to "normal" any time soon.

the design of this case was done by a forum member @sergea , so i am sure if you're willing to strike a deal, you only need to find a local metal fabricator

Last edited:
Customers care more about low-cost items as compared to more-expensive items made in USA. If this weren't true then Amazon wouldn't be as big of a company as they are today and our trade deficit would be much smaller.

Customers care more about low-cost items as compared to more-expensive items made in USA. If this weren't true then Amazon wouldn't be as big of a company as they are today and our trade deficit would be much smaller.

Well to a point. With how much the supply chains have been getting wrecked, made and sourced local has become a lot more appealing to more people. And there seems to be growing discontent with the state of the trade deficit.

I'm not a person for this type of product as I am a DIY even if it kills me type person (let's hope that's never the actual end result ☠️ ) but I try to go for USA made, USA sourced when possible and reasonable. Sometimes, my budget doesn't allow which sucks. Sometimes, I've found the US made item was junk compared to imported - it is important to recognize that just because something is made here doesn't automatically mean it is made better! Always exceptions.

to a point i agree dexter, however i do believe providing a case for diy'ers like your sok, would allow for even a bigger adoption because ultimately most money is made on the cells in the enclosures.
doing a quick calculation :
305 for the case , that would translate to 150 bulk
100 bulk for the bms
100 shipping
25-45 for 100a lifepo4 cells bulk x 16

all this means that every enclosure roughly makes 500 - 700 between manufactorer and reseller

One thing I'd like to see in these rack batteries are different capacities. Everyone's using 100Ahr cells to make the nice 5.12 kwh pack. But cells up to 320Ahr are getting reasonable in price. It'd be nice to see some larger packs coming out, with 150, 230, 280, 300+ Ahr capacities.

One thing I'd like to see in these rack batteries are different capacities. Everyone's using 100Ahr cells to make the nice 5.12 kwh pack. But cells up to 320Ahr are getting reasonable in price. It'd be nice to see some larger packs coming out, with 150, 230, 280, 300+ Ahr capacities.
there's the seplos mason 280+ kits, but other than i agree

Back