diy solar

diy solar

New All in One: MPP LVX6048WP (UL certified)

Not sure if anyone is still looking at this thread, does anyone know if the LVX6048WP will work with Tigo Optimizers?

I have a lot of shading issues at my property and these were recommended for use by one installer in conjunction with a SolArk inverter.

Not sure if anyone is still looking at this thread, does anyone know if the LVX6048WP will work with Tigo Optimizers?

I have a lot of shading issues at my property and these were recommended for use by one installer in conjunction with a SolArk inverter.
As long as they put out DC voltage, amd your not over 550V on a string, you should be fine.

As long as they put out DC voltage, amd your not over 550V on a string, you should be fine.
BTW, anyone notice some weird charging behavior after turning units in parallel off and back on after battery maintenance?

For some reason, I had all parameters set correct, but charging would NOT turn on. I had to reset all parameters on both units, and then it magically started to charge again. I then changed them via USB comms back to off-grid 2, and they continued to charge. I also had a weird error when changing charge amps on AC from 30 to 40amps. Only one unit was charging. I then reset the slave unit, and it started charging at the default 30 amps, even though the master was set to 40. I had to set each units amps individually.

I know they are communicating, as one displays M and the other is S on the front panel. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing software anomolies.

BTW, anyone notice some weird charging behavior after turning units in parallel off and back on after battery maintenance?

For some reason, I had all parameters set correct, but charging would NOT turn on. I had to reset all parameters on both units, and then it magically started to charge again. I then changed them via USB comms back to off-grid 2, and they continued to charge. I also had a weird error when changing charge amps on AC from 30 to 40amps. Only one unit was charging. I then reset the slave unit, and it started charging at the default 30 amps, even though the master was set to 40. I had to set each units amps individually.

I know they are communicating, as one displays M and the other is S on the front panel. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing software anomolies.
Did you end up checking your generator port with a voltmeter? Any findings

Did you end up checking your generator port with a voltmeter? Any findings
Not yet, as I was having connection issues to get the firmware updated on the slave unit. Did not want to chance blowing it up without the supposed firmware fix.

Its going to suck though, as the new firmware keeps the fans at max throttle all the time, so its much louder. (They were dead quiet with the original firmware)
I am also having an issue now to get the units to STOP charging at night. I set the charge time parameter, and nothing happens. There are two AC charge time settings, which are NOT explained in the crappy manual.

Not yet, as I was having connection issues to get the firmware updated on the slave unit. Did not want to chance blowing it up without the supposed firmware fix.

Its going to suck though, as the new firmware keeps the fans at max throttle all the time, so its much louder. (They were dead quiet with the original firmware)
I am also having an issue now to get the units to STOP charging at night. I set the charge time parameter, and nothing happens. There are two AC charge time settings, which are NOT explained in the crappy manual.
I mean to check the actual "ports" I'm not asking you to connect your generator as of yet, of course you might blow it up, lol. Just that you measure the voltages on the generator input line, before you even connect anything. I'm just interested if your measurement would be show any different than mine did.

As a matter of fact since you've updated one unit and have not updated the other, this would be a good comparison test on the differences between the voltage readings on one firmware vs the other.

I mean to check the actual "ports" I'm not asking you to connect your generator as of yet, of course you might blow it up, lol. Just that you measure the voltages on the generator input line, before you even connect anything. I'm just interested if your measurement would be show any different than mine did.

As a matter of fact since you've updated one unit and have not updated the other, this would be a good comparison test on the differences between the voltage readings on one firmware vs the other.
Ok, just checked the GEN in lines. The "Generator as ac input" parameter is off on both inverters. The inverter with NEW firmware showed 0 Volts on Gen L1 and L2.

The inverter with the factory firmware( the quiet one as far as fans are concerned) shows 115V on both L1 and L2, so approx 240V out on the GEN INPUT!
It would have fried my generator if I had turned it on without checking! You saved me by asking me to check. How in the HELL could they let these units out of the factory with that VERY dangerous issue present??? I guess its hard to sue a chinese company from the US.
It makes me wonder what other issues I dont know about!

Ok, just checked the GEN in lines. The "Generator as ac input" parameter is off on both inverters. The inverter with NEW firmware showed 0 Volts on Gen L1 and L2.

The inverter with the factory firmware( the quiet one as far as fans are concerned) shows 115V on both L1 and L2, so approx 240V out on the GEN INPUT!
It would have fried my generator if I had turned it on without checking! You saved me by asking me to check. How in the HELL could they let these units out of the factory with that VERY dangerous issue present??? I guess its hard to sue a chinese company from the US.
It makes me wonder what other issues I dont know about!
Its crazy, isn't it, and the distributor knew about it, and made no effort to alert his customers.
Try one more thing if you don't mind:
On the unit with the latest firmware update, turn on the "generator as ac input" (of course without an actual gen hooked up) and measure the voltages. If I remember properly, the voltage readings I was getting for my updated unit were way off and would not be suitable for hooking up generators either. I was getting like 300volts but I can't remember if it was between L1 and L2 or if it was just one leg that was reading like that. please let me know what you find out.

Its crazy, isn't it, and the distributor knew about it, and made no effort to alert his customers.
Try one more thing if you don't mind:
On the unit with the latest firmware update, turn on the "generator as ac input" (of course without an actual gen hooked up) and measure the voltages. If I remember properly, the voltage readings I was getting for my updated unit were way off and would not be suitable for hooking up generators either. I was getting like 300volts but I can't remember if it was between L1 and L2 or if it was just one leg that was reading like that. please let me know what you find out.
Without checking, I would imagine that parameter should not change anything on the Gen ports. It should just enable those inputs to charge the batteries or feed the
Loads. But I will check

Without checking, I would imagine that parameter should not change anything on the Gen ports. It should just enable those inputs to charge the batteries or feed the
Loads. But I will check
That's what I thought too. As a matter of fact, after I updated my unit, it took a while for me to test mine because I was busy doing other things. It is only when I decided I wanted to hook my generator up again, that I decided to test the voltage reading again, and it was off. No rush though at this point it is just curiosity on my part. Essentially just trying to see if all the people who got the early batches also got similarly defective units.

That's what I thought too. As a matter of fact, after I updated my unit, it took a while for me to test mine because I was busy doing other things. It is only when I decided I wanted to hook my generator up again, that I decided to test the voltage reading again, and it was off. No rush though at this point it is just curiosity on my part. Essentially just trying to see if all the people who got the early batches also got similarly defective units.
I just upgraded the second inverter, and tested the gen parameter as you asked. No voltage on the port when Gen as AC input is on or off, which is what I would expect.

I just upgraded the second inverter, and tested the gen parameter as you asked. No voltage on the port when Gen as AC input is on or off, which is what I would expect.
Ok, cool, thanks for checking.

I am just looking at doing an install with the LVX6048WP and Tigo Optimizers. Wondering if you had any issues getting thing configured?

I am just looking at doing an install with the LVX6048WP and Tigo Optimizers. Wondering if you had any issues getting thing configured?
I dont use optimizers, and dont have solar connected to the MPP LVX6048WP pair. I have grid tied SMA inverters feeding the AC to the MPP's to charge the batteries, (1350AH) which are all Seplos DIY Mason kits.

Back