diy solar

diy solar

New All in One: MPP LVX6048WP (UL certified)

Has anyone been able to get the manual yet? This system seems to check all my boxes. I like that it can be grid tied, even though i will most likely never use that feature. Grid to me is going to be backup power for when batteries run out.

I would love to see inside too! And a load test!

I discovered this coming soon model. It looks pretty great. Split phase, UL certified, 2 PV inputs, water proof.

What I can not tell is the bypass limits to run the load off of utility, if solar is limited and battery depleted. Is it the 30A spec? If so, that seems low. Is it? Or can you tell based on the data sheet how much load can be fed from utility on this model? Would parallel operation increase this?

Thank you.

Of course I cant get dogon URL to open. Im new to the whole internet via tiny phone screen thing. Like OMG where is the magnifying glass.

Has anyone been able to get the manual yet? This system seems to check all my boxes. I like that it can be grid tied, even though i will most likely never use that feature. Grid to me is going to be backup power for when batteries run out.

I would love to see inside too! And a load test!
Ive considered grid-tie where grid is last resort BUT only if a generator is the grid. I dont want anything to do with power companies.

Ive considered grid-tie where grid is last resort BUT only if a generator is the grid. I dont want anything to do with power companies.
I use battery powered GTIL2 inverters to avoid anything to do with the power companies. Two of their 2kw inverters supply the majority of my loads 24/7. As my name suggests this is the cheapest way. I’d be really interested in the lvx6048s if they would allow for CT sensors to limit the power they supply to only what the main panels loads need like the GTIL2S can do

I use battery powered GTIL2 inverters to avoid anything to do with the power companies. Two of their 2kw inverters supply the majority of my loads 24/7. As my name suggests this is the cheapest way. I’d be really interested in the lvx6048s if they would allow for CT sensors to limit the power they supply to only what the main panels loads need like the GTIL2S can do
Thank u cuz u just reminded me: been trying to work this out in my head a cheap and effecient way = break into 2 parts.

I was thinking maybe a 2k inverter, 4 batt, 4 panels wd run everything in my camper except a/c.

I gotta get away from generator everyday just for a/c. Only a 5k btu. They pull round 500w/hr. Not worried startup surge. Theres a kit for that. Anyway connect brain time: a/c solo what wd i need. Thats the question.

Thank u cuz u just reminded me: been trying to work this out in my head a cheap and effecient way = break into 2 parts.

I was thinking maybe a 2k inverter, 4 batt, 4 panels wd run everything in my camper except a/c.

I gotta get away from generator everyday just for a/c. Only a 5k btu. They pull round 500w/hr. Not worried startup surge. Theres a kit for that. Anyway connect brain time: a/c solo what wd i need. Thats the question.
Btw talking about cheap: my camper adventure is temp so didnt want invest solar in it... Was saving that for tiny house build with actual UL components BUT this forum has me freaked about my generator. If it quit, OMG
Anyway, I bought 4-12v/109ah lead acid marine batteries cheap. Got everything picked out except controllet

Here is what I know:

The new LVX6048 WP will be released to MPP Solar USA only, for exclusive in USA market.

The new inverters come out about October (what means November at best :LOL: ).

Voltronic is the manufacturer.
Do not know if they only produce it like Foxconn makes the iPhones. Or they design it too.
(so MPP Solar is the biggest reseller, or the engineering and brain behind the inverters? donno)

The new Axpert King II alias MPP Solar MKX is already on voltronic's page: https://voltronicpower.com/en-US/Product/Detail/Axpert-King-II
That is the merge of the MK (double conversion like online UPS) and MGX (500Voc MPPT) inverters.

For US there is the LV-MK https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/lv-mk/ version.
I do not know if they are planing an LV-MKX version .... but it can happen.

The Voltronic Infini VII WP is a non US (real) hybrid outdoor inverter. Catalogue PDF attached.

Attachments

• Infini VII WP_DS.pdf
    335.2 KB · Views: 36
Here is what I know:

The new LVX6048 WP will be released to MPP Solar USA only, for exclusive in USA market.

Do not know if they only produce it like Foxconn makes the iPhones. Or they design it too.
(so MPP Solar is the biggest reseller, or the engineering and brain behind the inverters? donno)

The new Axpert King II alias MPP Solar MKX is already on voltronic's page: https://voltronicpower.com/en-US/Product/Detail/Axpert-King-II
That is the merge of the MK (double conversion like online UPS) and MGX (500Voc MPPT) inverters.

The Voltronic Infini VII WP is a non US (real) hybrid outdoor inverter. Catalogue PDF attached.
That sucks. I heard from a guy who installs inverters that the Infini line is the better one.

Here is what I know:

Looks like the Infini VII WP can also be set to US power and Grid Tie, but no UL cert. Interesting.

Attachments

• Infini VII WP 2KW-3KW-5KW-6KW manual-20210628.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 28
That sucks. I heard from a guy who installs inverters that the Infini line is the better one.
Infini(solar) is the Hybrid line. It is better like has 900Voc MPPT in it ... but it costs much more.

Looks like the Infini VII WP can also be set to US power and Grid Tie, but no UL cert. Interesting.

I do not think so. It is a non US inverter. No split phase, no 120V. Output V from 220 to 240Vac

Infini(solar) is the Hybrid line. It is better like has 900Voc MPPT in it ... but it costs much more.

I do not think so. It is a non US inverter. No split phase, no 120V. Output V from 220 to 240Vac
So why can it not be installed like an SMA 240V inverter? SMA are not 120V either.

these are NOT the hybrids...
these are grid-assisted ( pip series, and the specific series you are point to are the MAX series ( like i have)

the LVX's are OEM'ed from Deye ( as far as i have been able to find out)

these are NOT the hybrids...
these are grid-assisted ( pip series, and the specific series you are point to are the MAX series ( like i have)
Nope. Voltronic infinisolar inverters are real hybrid inverters.
Some of them have the necessary certificates to be used in EU and Australia as Grid-tie inverters and sell power to utility.
Here is the complete hybrid line:
http://voltronicpower.com/en-US/Product/Solar-Products/On-Grid-with-Energy-Storage-Inverter

the LVX's are OEM'ed from Deye ( as far as i have been able to find out)
I have no info about that. And frankly I doubt that.
Voltronic makes hybrids for almost a decade long.
They only needed a waterproof case.

Nope. Voltronic infinisolar inverters are real hybrid inverters.
Some of them have the necessary certificates to be used in EU and Australia as Grid-tie inverters and sell power to utility.
Here is the complete hybrid line:
http://voltronicpower.com/en-US/Product/Solar-Products/On-Grid-with-Energy-Storage-Inverter

I have no info about that. And frankly I doubt that.
Voltronic makes hybrids for almost a decade long.
They only needed a waterproof case.
not to sound like an idiot, but did i not tell you i OWN 3 infinisolar inverters ?
i would hope i know what i have hanging

not to sound like an idiot, but did i not tell you i OWN 3 infinisolar inverters ?
i would hope i know what i have hanging

Congrat to your 3 hybrid inverter :) Which one?
Infinisolar is the Hybrid line of the Voltronic inverters, and Axpert is the off-grid line.

Congrat to your 3 hybrid inverter :) Which one?
Infinisolar is the Hybrid line of the Voltronic inverters, and Axpert is the off-grid line.
infinisolar has 2 lines :

grid assisted and the true ( in most cases none UL Listed ) hybrids

infinisolar has 2 lines :

grid assisted and the true ( in most cases none UL Listed ) hybrids

I am from EU and all Infinisolar inverters I saw were hybrid.
The 5kW 1 phase and the 10-15 kW 3 phase inverters are.
And the 5kW and 10kW have all the certificates to be used in all EU and Australia as grid-tie

For US
InfiniSolar VII 6KW (Split Phase) hybrid also called MPP Solar LVX6048 ... no UL
Menu: 09 - Solar energy feed to grid configuration
- Feed to grid disable(default): Solar energy feed to grid disable.
- Feed to grid enable: Solar energy feed to grid enable.
Yep, thats a hybrid.

If you refer to LV6548 (UL) then that is not a hybrid, and not an Infinisolar product.
Also I think it is MPP Solar special since it is not in the Voltronic product list.

I do not know if the new LVX6048 WP will be an MPP Solar special or a Voltronic Infinisolar
Bud neither of these two companies need any help producing hybrid inverters ... since they do it for a decade.

Last edited:
I discovered this coming soon model. It looks pretty great. Split phase, UL certified, 2 PV inputs, water proof.

What I can not tell is the bypass limits to run the load off of utility, if solar is limited and battery depleted. Is it the 30A spec? If so, that seems low. Is it? Or can you tell based on the data sheet how much load can be fed from utility on this model? Would parallel operation increase this?

Thank you.

Manual attached. I am bummed out, as it looks like only single 120V or three phase 240V is supported. No split phase L1 and L2. You must have an L3. I am not an electrician, but arent most homes split phase 240V?

Attachments

• Infini VII WP 2KW-3KW-5KW-6KW manual-20210628 (1).pdf
    5 MB · Views: 17
Manual attached. I am bummed out, as it looks like only single 120V or three phase 240V is supported. No split phase L1 and L2. You must have an L3. I am not an electrician, but arent most homes split phase 240V?

You attached the manual for the non US version.
That is 220-240V single phase and not split phase (the whole world outside US uses this ? ... so most homes :) )
The US version will be the LVX6048WP: https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/catalogs/LVX6048WP.pdf

Last edited:
Back