diy solar

diy solar

New All in One: MPP LVX6048WP (UL certified)

You attached the manual for the non US version.
That is 220-240V single phase and not split phase (the whole world outside US uses this ? ... so most homes :) )
The US version will be the LVX6048WP: https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/catalogs/LVX6048WP.pdf
Well thats good to know! What I attached was the only manual on the Victronics site. I was bummed out thinking it would not be usable here. If split phase is supported, its the perfect solution.

Well thats good to know! What I attached was the only manual on the Victronics site. I was bummed out thinking it would not be usable here. If split phase is supported, its the perfect solution.

We have to wait.
When unit can be bought manual will be available.
Even before that.
I am waiting for the Voltronic Axpert King II alias MPP Solar 5048 MKX inverter.
There is already the manual in the Voltronic and the MPP site ... but I still can not order it :)

We have to wait.
When unit can be bought manual will be available.
Even before that.
I am waiting for the Voltronic Axpert King II alias MPP Solar 5048 MKX inverter.
There is already the manual in the Voltronic and the MPP site ... but I still can not order it :)
I am hoping the waterproof enclosure will provide similar reliability attributes as the current SMA Sunny Boy inverters.
My Sunny Boys have been running nonstop since 2004, but alas, no power at night. Deye is not available, Sol-Ark is way too expensive, Outback is dated, Schnieder has spotty support, and SMA sunny island are too complex and expensive, and require a specific BMS for comms.
The new MPP may be perfect as a direct replacement of the old Sunny Boys, and provide the flexibility I need for night and outage power. I expect four of them for 24KW of power to cost a touch over one Sol-Ark. (I think Ian is saying approx. $1800 each)

I am hoping the waterproof enclosure will provide similar reliability attributes as the current SMA Sunny Boy inverters.
My Sunny Boys have been running nonstop since 2004, but alas, no power at night. Deye is not available, Sol-Ark is way too expensive, Outback is dated, Schnieder has spotty support, and SMA sunny island are too complex and expensive, and require a specific BMS for comms.
The new MPP may be perfect as a direct replacement of the old Sunny Boys, and provide the flexibility I need for night and outage power. I expect four of them for 24KW of power to cost a touch over one Sol-Ark. (I think Ian is saying approx. $1800 each)

I see that MPP is opening up to the US market. Interesting because Voltronic is not.
The 8048MAX WP (EU version of the LVX6048WP, but only off-grid) will be around $1400 (+shipment and ...).
The Hybrid MPI 5kW (1 phase EU hybrid) is $1000
So the $1800 price is realistic for the LVX6048WP (maybe up to $2000).

Why cant we get a damn US model with a 900v MPPT??
You know I even can not convince some US users to have the inverter with the 500Voc MPPT ?
Because some like the low Vdc MPPT ... because Victron and the other simple MPPT manufacturers only made max 150Voc models.

And frankly I must say I never ever saw a 900Voc MPPT hybrid inverter installed here.
And I have seen a lot of 900Voc grid-tie inverters ... a lot.
Strange :)

I see that MPP is opening up to the US market. Interesting because Voltronic is not.
The 8048MAX WP (EU version of the LVX6048WP, but only off-grid) will be around $1400 (+shipment and ...).
The Hybrid MPI 5kW (1 phase EU hybrid) is $1000
So the $1800 price is realistic for the LVX6048WP (maybe up to $2000).

You know I even can not convince some US users to have the inverter with the 500Voc MPPT ?
Because some like the low Vdc MPPT ... because Victron and the other simple MPPT manufacturers only made max 150Voc models.

And frankly I must say I never ever saw a 900Voc MPPT hybrid inverter installed here.
And I have seen a lot of 900Voc grid-tie inverters ... a lot.
Strange :)
i had 2 of them..
had 2* mpi 10k in my old house, that being said, never came close to maxing out the 4;mppt's..

they were much overkill

i had 2 of them..
had 2* mpi 10k in my old house, that being said, never came close to maxing out the 4;mppt's..

they were much overkill

Yeah that are the units :)
I saw 30-40 kWp solar panels in "residential" rooftops with grid-tie inverter ... but never ever an MPI 10kW 3 phase hybrid inverter :)
The grid is too stable here (but worst every year). Noone wants a hybrid :)
And later then they come that in a blackout they had to sit in the dark :LOL:

Yeah that are the units :)
I saw 30-40 kWp solar panels in "residential" rooftops with grid-tie inverter ... but never ever an MPI 10kW 3 phase hybrid inverter :)
The grid is too stable here (but worst every year). Noone wants a hybrid :)
And later then they come that in a blackout they had to sit in the dark :LOL:
there's a guy in sweden and one in i believe finland who are running them.
guy in sweden has a yt channel

Considering the lvx6048wp. Do you think it’s worth waiting for these to come out? Do they offer a lot more than the existing lvx6048? Not concerned about the couple of hundred extra $ for wp but concerned I won’t be able to get the wp for quite a while and I will need it for my house in early 2022. Anyone knows how to pre-order the wp unit?

Considering the lvx6048wp. Do you think it’s worth waiting for these to come out? Do they offer a lot more than the existing lvx6048? Not concerned about the couple of hundred extra $ for wp but concerned I won’t be able to get the wp for quite a while and I will need it for my house in early 2022. Anyone knows how to pre-order the wp unit?

Contact https://usamppsolar.com/
They will be the only distributor for these units. Not sold globally, only made for them.

You can get on a waiting list at watts247.com

Thanks….I have already been in contact with Ian at watts247 and put myself on their waitlist already. I was concerned that they might sell out when they get their first batch and I would have to wait even longer. Since I am building an off grid house I can’t wait too long or I won’t have any power! That’s why I was considering the earlier 6048s as they might be available earlier and maybe they would be fine as is for my off grid system.

Thanks….I have already been in contact with Ian at watts247 and put myself on their waitlist already. I was concerned that they might sell out when they get their first batch and I would have to wait even longer. Since I am building an off grid house I can’t wait too long or I won’t have any power! That’s why I was considering the earlier 6048s as they might be available earlier and maybe they would be fine as is for my off grid system.
They will probably be fine as long as they are indoors. I like the new WP systems as they can directly replace my existing outdoor SMA inverters, and have the 600V MPPT to accept the existing arrays with no wiring changes. They will also grid tie if I want to go that route, which I dont.
I think DC coupled inverters seem to have more flexibility in function, and the MPP/Voltronics are very simple to deploy, and work well with DIY batteries.

Thanks Sanwizard. That’s what I was thinking. Inverters and batteries will be in a cement block garage so not subjected to the elements at all (though it can get warm in there). I was thinking the WP might be a little more robustly built unit (because of additional specifications) so thought it might be worth the extra money. However the WP unit might be overkill and not needed for my intended use. System will be about 10-12kw array with 30kwh of battery (3x 10kwh GSL) with 2 x 6048s for 12kw power. 12kw power is much more than we need but like having the redundancy if one unit goes down we can run most of system off a single 6048.
Do you have any thoughts on choice between LV vs LVX for a purely off grid system?

Back