diy solar

diy solar

New All in One: MPP LVX6048WP (UL certified)

Do you have any thoughts on choice between LV vs LVX for a purely off grid system?
According to the specs, the LVX is a lot heavier than the LV. LVX is low frequency.
I would like to know why the LVX WP is worth so much more than the LVX ?

I am not too concerned about weight but am not clear about what the advantage of a low frequency inverter is.

I am not too concerned about weight but am not clear about what the advantage of a low frequency inverter is.
I'm sure someone here can tell us. The expensive inverters are low frequency and very heavy, and they last.
So I think weight is somewhat of an indicator. I did find this :

Low-frequency inverters have the advantage over high-frequency inverters in two fields: peak power capacity, and reliability. Low-frequency inverters are designed to deal with higher power spikes for longer periods of time than high-frequency inverters.

In fact, low-frequency inverters can operate at the peak power level which is up to 300% of their nominal power level for several seconds, while high-frequency inverters can operate at 200% power level for a small fraction of a second.

The second main difference is reliability: low-frequency inverters operate using powerful transformers, which are more reliable and sturdy than the high-frequency inverter’s MOSFETs, which use electronic switching and more prone to damage, particularly at high power levels.

The LVX seems to have higher voltage for the MPPT connections. I agree about the robustness of the WP though. I read a review on the SMA inverters, and the main point for longevity was the fact that they are waterproof, so not affected by dirt, dust, and moisture, which keeps the internals very clean and dry, and therefore more resilient. My LV6548's though are working great, and they have the ability to run 8000 watts of PV on each inverter, so 16KW of PV and 13KW of AC with just 2 inverters for around $2800.

Any info on the price and availability of the infinisolar wp lv 6kw and 10kw versions yet?

Wonder if this inverter will do limiting same as Deye/SolArk. It has an EX CT port. But 2 CTs are needed for splitphase. I didn’t see anything in the manual about the Cts or limiting backfeed to the grid. Anyone know if the inverters AC input is bidirectional? I’d assume when in grid tie mode the inverter would use the AC input as an output to supply to the main panel. But will it also send battery power out to the main panel thru that same AC input when the inverter is in the mode grid tie with back up 2? Or will it only let battery power go out the AC output to a subpanel?

Last edited:
Wow. He has over a million of product on his waitlist alone. Looks like MPP has another winner like the LV6548.

I just hope its not a flop with a bunch of problems... Fingers crossed!
I have that concern with pretty much everything being made right now. How many corners are being cut due to new technicians, part shortages, etc. Voltronic has a 10kw version listed which is insane, but I don't think they are selling it in the USA (or at all).

I hadn’t seen the actual waitlist on the site but when I looked I saw I am #45. Just got the invite to purchase this morning…immediately ordered 2 and per Ian he will be shipping them today! Great communication/customer service from Ian/watts247.

Back