diy solar

diy solar

New Batteries

This is NOT a known battery that folks have encountered, reviewed or assessed in here.
Will hasn't reviewed or orn one down.

12V/200AH for CDN$ 1,165.00 sounds "good" ($882,31 USD) when you consider a Battleborn at $1000 USD fo 12V/100AH but it is absolutely no BB quality pack either. Some of us have been "PHOOKERED" by these "amazing" deals... my wake up call cost $3000 USD but it was "supposed to be" 24V/400AH but had USED 175AH cells in it and craptastic BMS. See the ShumBin link in my signature.

So I will now play Devil's Advocate !
12V LFP (LiFePO4) pack requires 4 cells to make 12V. Cell Capacity determines pack capacity, so 200AH cells to make a 12V/200AH pack. (The Normal 4S Series configuration). It is possible to use 8X 100AH cells and parallel the cells which would give you 12V/200AH as well BUT there is a trade-off by doing so. So with KISS Rules applied:

4X 3.2V 202AH CATL, US$ 72.90 per cell, Total US$ 571.60 delivered to USA DPP (duty, taxes paid) Luyuan 202AH LINK
4X 3.2V 280Ah EVE with Shipping Included, Total US$ 481.68 delivered to USA DPP. Luyuan 280AH LINK
1 Simpler but good 4S BMS, EXAMPLE: Overkill 120A 4S/12V BMS = $115.00 USD from USA.
* ! * There are many with various features & functions which can accomodate many applications and all at differing proce points.
1 Box / Casing to put the cells into, you can DIY or buy a premade box, many ooptions are possible, the application being the decider as to what is best. so pricing is ??? depending on your choices.
1x Fuse per battery pack of course, I personally perfer MRBF fuses because they are very reliable, easy to use and cheap in the grand scheme of things. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bay-Marine...886c3133a:g:cN4AAOSwUHldnRte&var=472880271766 with a 150A fuse for $26 USD you can't go wrong. NB These fuses are made by Cooper (very good quality)

For 12V/202AH you can build it for $571.60 + BMS $115.00 + Fuse $26 = 712.60 USD +(S&H & Taxes for Fuse, & BMS) [940.92 CDN]
For 12V/280AH you can build it for $481.68 + BMS $115.00 + Fuse $26 = 622.68 USD +(S&H & Taxes for Fuse, & BMS) [822.19 CDN]

NOTE that the S&H from Luyuan to Canada is the same. IF you are remote there may be an extra fee, also applies to USA. Specifc values are determined when pning a chat with Amy @ Luyuan. Luyuan & Xuba are sister companies whch have been written up extensively here. My own 280AH cells came from XUBA nand that is one of the Big Threads.

There are ALWAYS DEALS and many look good but aren't and others are indeed great deals. DO NOT IMPULSE BUY ! HAVE A PLAN !!! There are No "One Shot Great Deals", someone says that RUN ! Many impulse bought Valence Batteries, used BYD batteries and many more to only discover they were not deals afterall.

Your application & usage determines many factors. Depending on what your usage will be, how many amps you will draw, how you will charge and with what method (solar, Grid AC or Genset...) all impact on how to best build a system and to get the most out of it and the money you invested on it.

There are far too many people who run off, impulse buy a pile of stuff (sadly, most of the time is renogy crap) then they come here, list their "pile" of aquisitions and ask us how to put it together and meet their unrealistic demands. Sadly, there are many "predatory" companies out there who will flog a pile of goods to the unsuspecting.

Good Luck, Hope it Helps
Steve

I tried to get 4x 280AH cells using that Luyan link. Awesome price, but Alibaba is refusing to accept my Credit Card. There's an error and I can't even dispute it (the appeal screen won't populate my CC #) and try for CC verification. Maybe China is mad at the US right now?

I tried to get 4x 280AH cells using that Luyan link. Awesome price, but Alibaba is refusing to accept my Credit Card. There's an error and I can't even dispute it (the appeal screen won't populate my CC #) and try for CC verification. Maybe China is mad at the US right now?
That's a fairly common problem .... I usually use PayPal, but if you do a search you can probably find a few threads to see how people resolved it.

....... I usually use PayPal, but if you do a search you can probably find a few threads to see how people resolved it.
I had the same problem as the OP with my first purchase of $3000. I even applied for the Capital One card and that did not work so I used Paypal and Deligreen split the fee with me. Later I used the Capital One card for a $100 power supply and it worked after doing the validation thing again. I have since used that same card for a $500 purchase from Xuba.

FYI - EVE 280AH cells will be hard to get if at all from vendors & reselers come October 01 as EVE has decided to open it's own retail sales ops and the pricing will be higher by quite a bit.

I know that XUBA/LUYUAN have some stock remaining, and EVE will not be supplying more. I've gotten similr "heads up" from other vendors I know as well.

FYI - EVE 280AH cells will be hard to get
If they think think they can get nore value buy opening up retail distribution than they are currently getting by wholesaling these cells to the grey market, good for them. They may also have found that these grey market cells were cannibalizing the sales of their premium cells.
Long term the increase in manufacturing capacity will continue. Tomorrow is Tesla Battery Day and we shall see what thar brings.

If they think think they can get nore value buy opening up retail distribution than they are currently getting by wholesaling these cells to the grey market, good for them. They may also have found that these grey market cells were cannibalizing the sales of their premium cells.
Long term the increase in manufacturing capacity will continue. Tomorrow is Tesla Battery Day and we shall see what thar brings.
As a Tesla Long investor, I keep my eyes on the ongoings in various nooks & crannies.
There will be some really big excitement and some disaapointments for some as well. The reasoning behind the Panasonic, LG, CATL & other contracts will be eye openers. Will there be a "Tesla Energy Systems" division spun out now or later .... Many Pies being baked in several ovens all at once...

Would love to see a tear down on these. They already have 5 star reviews showing up on amazon. I tried looking for Batts for DIY but shipping to canada makes it more expensive than a battle born and I still have to build it.

These are not covered under Amazon’s buyers protection
Because the item is not sold by and/ shipped by Amazon. Only items shipped by Amazon are.
This is a third party bender from China selling on Amazon so any problems must be addressed directly to the vender. Amazon will not be involved. Read the seller/shipper listing when making Amazon purchases. ?
BC4B54C2-C7C2-43AC-9305-1C9B3287B0D9.jpeg

F8B16181-44AB-4697-829C-BBD86659A285.jpeg

12v 200Ah LiFePO4 Battery Deep CDN$ 1,165.00 & FREE Shipping Arrives: Nov 2 - 24

Ships from China and sold by Kepler Industrial Co., Ltd..

Is Less Costly than : (as posted on Spt.19.2020)
For 12V/202AH you can build it for $571.60 + BMS $115.00 + Fuse $26 = 712.60 USD +(S&H & Taxes for Fuse, & BMS) [940.92 CDN]
For 12V/280AH you can build it for $481.68 + BMS $115.00 + Fuse $26 = 622.68 USD +(S&H & Taxes for Fuse, & BMS) [822.19 CDN]

Well I know my maths are good, my calculator most certainly works. What am I missing ?

Back