diy solar

diy solar

New battery box for 280ah 4s 12v with lugs on eBay

liberatetutemet

Ships out of phoenix. Anyone tried them? If you do buy them because of this post (looks like quantity is limited) please report back here with a review and pics!

Interesting. I'm getting 8 cells for a 24v battery and was gonna hook up an overkill 24v 8 cell 100amp BMS. Any advice on just using two of these cases and making two 12v batteries and then hooking them up in serial? I'd have to get two 12v BMS.

Interesting. I'm getting 8 cells for a 24v battery and was gonna hook up an overkill 24v 8 cell 100amp BMS. Any advice on just using two of these cases and making two 12v batteries and then hooking them up in serial? I'd have to get two 12v BMS.
You could do an 8s bms and have the balance wires run between the boxes, even add plugs between them.

If you look around, options are limited, and this one looks solid. The only other options are RV snap top boxes that are super flimsy.
Options are limited but creativity isn't.... :) There is no way I would pay that kind of money for a plastic box. There are many other options if you search the forum for them. Milk crates for example. And storage boxes made by Akro-Mils and others. Or build a plywood box or have a fabricator make a box for you.

Personally I suck at fabrication but that's besides the point.

I am printing top/bottom support housing from thingverse that another forum member created. They fit so far. Pretty excited for the final build.

They look exactly like the battery boxes I bought from Shenzhen Basen. After international shipping, they come out to roughly the same price, so I think it's a good deal. That, and you don't have to wait 3 months like I did.

That said, they fit the 280Ah EVE cells perfectly with about 40-44mm of space at the long end. Pictured is at the top, which doesn't account for a slight molding draft so there is less space at the bottom. I used 0.75in / 19mm thick polystyrene insulation at both ends to compress the batteries and it does an excellent job of keeping the cells from sliding around inside. External battery terminals are M8 thread.

I have other pictures if you're interested.
20210428_191212.jpg20210428_191821.jpg

I have 16 cells and used 4 boxes. After much deliberation and reading the threads here, I settled on a 8S2P config.

In each box are 4S, and then two boxes are serial to make 8S at 24V. Then I have 2X of these setups for scalability. If I need to take a parallel bank down, I still function with one 24V bank. This means I have two 8S 24V BMSes.

I initially tried to save money and run just one 8S 24V BMS and doing 2P8S, but my voltage differences were becoming whack so I got another BMS to manage each cell individually.

I'll take pictures of my revised 8S2P setup with these boxes. In order to feed the balance wires into the boxes, I had to get creative.

They look exactly like the battery boxes I bought from Shenzhen Basen. After international shipping, they come out to roughly the same price, so I think it's a good deal. That, and you don't have to wait 3 months like I did.

That said, they fit the 280Ah EVE cells perfectly with about 40-44mm of space at the long end. Pictured is at the top, which doesn't account for a slight molding draft so there is less space at the bottom. I used 0.75in / 19mm thick polystyrene insulation at both ends to compress the batteries and it does an excellent job of keeping the cells from sliding around inside. External battery terminals are M8 thread.

View attachment 49405View attachment 49406
I would be interested in more pictures if you have, considering doing the same but with a 200A JBD BMS..

How about this double battery box. It's on backorder for home delivery, but can be found in many retail locations. Only $23.

More pics would be awesome. I bought three of these boxes. Should be here tomorrow. I'll post some when they arrive. Shenzhen to Tampa in 10 days. $103 shipped.

Back