diy solar

diy solar

New battery Build won't fully charge

IDMT

Hi all -- I built a 304AH lithium battery and replaced the Main Board for my WFCO 8955 PEC -- with the 8955 AD MBA -- I finally got it to switch to the Lithium profile - but I can't get the battery charged to more than 13.4 v -- would like it to be 13.8 - 14v - There is 8 ga wire from the WFCO to the battery -- the initial capacity test was fine - and when it charges from depleted state - it gets an initial rush of 54A -- then it drops over time -- right now after 24 hr it's still pulling 6A - the Battery App and my battery monitor says it's 100% - but total battery charge says 13.4 and individual cells are 3.32 v - am I doing something wrong???

then it drops over time -- right now after 24 hr it's still pulling 6A
It's still charging. The batteries have a real flat curve so it's gonna sit there a long while before it gets completely full.

The monitor is judging by voltage and there's a LOT of charge between 13.4v and 13.5a.

Basically, just give it time to charge and be patient.

Rednecktek -- I want to say thanks for all your help and good vibes - the battery charge Amos finally went to zero - and I did a capacity check and was pleased to see a 307AH result gor my 304AH build !!! ? 20230404_171517.jpg

Back