diy solar

diy solar

New battery build

Robbiee

I am just about to order from alibaba four new lifepo4 cells of 200ah. I am wondering if anyone knows what is the best deal on the market now that we are in January 2022. Also would like to know the name of good quality battery cells.
I already have a daly bms but as the low temp cut off never seems to work on these things where is the best place to hook up a battery cut off switch. I am going to be using a 30 amp dc to dc charger in the van. Is it best to use a cut off switch between the dc to dc charger between the alternator and the charger or between the charger and house battery?
TIA

I bought from this thread in June and batteries were delivered in October:

I don’t know what the best battery cutoff switch is, but I Do use the Overkill BMS as a back up. My primary method is the VICTRON SCCs allow me to shut charging off at a set table temp and I set a little higher.

For you DC charger, I don’t have one hooked to the vehicle, but if it is wired to only charge when the vehicle is on I would think that’s the best. If my main method was shutting it off manually I would forget the first time I used it and that would kill my battery. You could use some sort of fuse in the mix.

Back