diy solar

diy solar

New Battery company "SOK" is anyone using these?

JoeSTP

Hello, have you tested the "SOK" battery line or any info on them, these batteries look to be good @ $620 each? Thanks

I recently purchased two SOK 100 Ah batteries...haven't fully tested the battery, but the capacity test appears to be good (1300 watts each on initial test). I haven't conducted a full Current Load test to see how hard I can pull amps out. Charging seems to be good with 40amps going in, but I'm using an EPEVER 40A, and the SOK recommends 50A charging. I just received a 50A/60A charge controller today, and will test tomorrow on the SOKs. I believe Amazon just raised the price to $640, so going to the SOK site or eBay is probably the best price. SOK I believe will not charge tax (depending on where it is delivered). I'm not saying that these batteries will beat others, just letting folks know what I'm doing, and will let you know if I run into issues. So far no issues. I doubt I'll do a teardown (for now) since these are perfectly good LiFePo4. I've seen the YouTube teardown review, and am satisfied with the construction and configuration. I also have seen a YouTuber change two old SLAs for two SOKs, and the SOKs seem to be operating sufficiently.

Attachments

• IMG_1144.JPG
    IMG_1144.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1145.JPG
    IMG_1145.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1146.JPG
    IMG_1146.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1157.JPG
    IMG_1157.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1160.JPG
    IMG_1160.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1163.JPG
    IMG_1163.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hey thanks David, I purchased two they came in last week, I also looked youtube videos and they are well built I'll look for your reviews when you posted.

Hey thanks David, I purchased two they came in last week, I also looked youtube videos and they are well built I'll look for your reviews when you posted.
Hey JoeSTP, I really think these are very good LiFePo4s for the price. So far I'm very happy with these batteries, and feel they will do what I need to do.

I was tempted to order the 206 from Amazon but noticed the delivery dates getting longer and longer and the prices jumping around by a couple hundred dollars per jump so called SOK US to see if they had any batteries in stock the said they were waiting for a shipment but didn't know arrival date, then their batteries vanished from Amazon. . . no longer listed, I figured if I was having this much trouble just getting the SOK battery how will they handle warranty issues if something goes wrong so with that I coughed up a bit more and got my batteries from Battleborn who I never have to chase down, are honest and great to deal with.

That is a good point about warranty issues. I found a distributor here in Western Canada. $1300 for the 206. Should arrive soon.

Back