diy solar

diy solar

New Battery on Amazon and Ebay - Global Power 12V100AH LIFEPO4 - $399! Has anybody actually bought one yet? Torn it down yet?

Indepthdude

Hey guys, I have been following Will and watching the channel for a while. However I noticed a new battery pop up on Ebay and Amazon. It is a Global Power 12V100AH LIFEPO4.

12.8 V, 100ah Discharge, 200ah Max, 50ah charge at 14.4-14.8v, charge temp 0-45C, discharge temp -20C-65C. Seems like a fit for my Marine application on my boat. Can be paralleled for 24V, 36V or 48V use, can be placed in series for 4S. Seems like a better battery than most on the market today. Even if it really only gives you 70-80AH each, I think it would work.

Yes, yes,... I know you can build your own cheaper. I am contemplating building a 280AH cell, 4P4S for my boat but these batteries in their nice sealed cases are making me sweat!

Yes, I have seen Will tear apart many similar batteries with similar claims, but this is a new level of affordability for LiFePo4. $399!
<$380 if you buy two or more. Wow. Would love to see Will tear one of these down, but I am tempted to buy 4 for my boat. $1516 shipped for 12.8V 400AH Lithium battery bank.

Thanks for your thoughts and knowledge in advance!

Links to the batteries below:

Last edited:
I called these guys, there number is listed on the amazon link. I left a message and they actually called me back. They get the batterys from china and stock them in a mini storage in Georgia. They said they have sold 80+ with no returns to date. The verbal return policy is 30 day money back. I say verbal cause I have not seen it written any where. The reason for the cheap price they said was to get quickly into the market. Whether this is a short term buck for these guys or a long term one I do not know.
I did not ask what company they ordered them from, frankly it is none of my business, but I did searched alibaba and I am assuming from the color "unique baby blue"of the case it comes from a company called, Suzhou Ebak Electronics Co LTD. The company profile says they have a 20% market in the US.

They said they have 100 left in stock and they took the ebay link down to catch up on the shipping on the ones they have sold recently. I live in Nebraska and they told me they ship using ups ground and I would get one in less than a week.
As per the internet you should take this with a grain of salt and do your own due diligence's.

After our conversation I ordered one from amazon and it should ship out 02/06/21 tomorrow according to them.

DISCLAIMER: I am new to the forum and new to solar stuff, I do not know these guys or anyone that knows them. I found their product here in this forum from the above post.

Call them and work it out for your self if it is a good buy or not.

If I get the battery I will post a rudimentary testing procedure with the stuff I will be using with it. I do not have any testing equipment.

Tony

Hey guys, I have been following Will and watching the channel for a while. However I noticed a new battery pop up on Ebay and Amazon. It is a Global Power 12V100AH LIFEPO4.

12.8 V, 100ah Discharge, 200ah Max, 50ah charge at 14.4-14.8v, charge temp 0-45C, discharge temp -20C-65C. Seems like a fit for my Marine application on my boat. Can be paralleled for 24V, 36V or 48V use, can be placed in series for 4S. Seems like a better battery than most on the market today. Even if it really only gives you 70-80AH each, I think it would work.

Yes, yes,... I know you can build your own cheaper. I am contemplating building a 280AH cell, 4P4S for my boat but these batteries in their nice sealed cases are making me sweat!

Yes, I have seen Will tear apart many similar batteries with similar claims, but this is a new level of affordability for LiFePo4. $399!
<$380 if you buy two or more. Wow. Would love to see Will tear one of these down, but I am tempted to buy 4 for my boat. $1516 shipped for 12.8V 400AH Lithium battery bank.

Thanks for your thoughts and knowledge in advance!

Links to the batteries below:

You buy any? How did they perform?

In comparison...These batteries are guaranteed 2000 cycles for $400. A battle born or Lion are guaranteed 10,000 cycles for $950/$650. So, to equal a battle born/lion you would need 5 global power batteries for an investment of $2000. Not a good deal.

In comparison...These batteries are guaranteed 2000 cycles for $400. A battle born or Lion are guaranteed 10,000 cycles for $950/$650. So, to equal a battle born/lion you would need 5 global power batteries for an investment of $2000. Not a good deal.
Not to argue your point, but I know I just read this from their website.

*Approximately 75-80% of the battery capacity will remain after 3000 cycles in applications recharging at 0.5C or lower.

A BB at 10,000 cycles, 1 cycle a day, that's over 27 years... Nope, won't happen... 3000 cycles as stated in their literature is probably more like it... Lion Safari UT1300 claims 3500 cycles at 0.5C or lower... and it and the BB are both over $900...

Yesterday on Amazon, under answered questions, a person asked if the battery has internal cell balancing. The seller replied back that they do not. I was a little surprised as I thought this was provided by the BMS. Is there more to it?

Interesting that the price has jumped to $499... Global Power LLC must of been tired of paying Jeff Bezos the high Amazon fees for selling...

I don’t even see the option to buy any longer. I’m wondering if there were some serious issues since no one on here has given an opinion or a review.

Bringing a dead thread back to life.

I have one of the early 100Ah batteries. I'm a bit worried about it.

I am able to pull more than 200 amps for more than 3 seconds. Recently I let it run down while pulling 60 watts of power continuously and it dropped to 9.9 volts without anything disconnecting. No low voltage disconnect? I shut down the circuit and the battery recovered to 10 volts. I was able to recharge it and it is currently holding at 80% charge on its built in display.

Picture of mine:

Attachments

• signal-2021-03-09-184543.jpg
    signal-2021-03-09-184543.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 36
Bringing a dead thread back to life.

I have one of the early 100Ah batteries. I'm a bit worried about it.

I am able to pull more than 200 amps for more than 3 seconds. Recently I let it run down while pulling 60 watts of power continuously and it dropped to 9.9 volts without anything disconnecting. No low voltage disconnect? I shut down the circuit and the battery recovered to 10 volts. I was able to recharge it and it is currently holding at 80% charge on its built in display.

Picture of mine:
Based on what you have found would you buy this again ?

I bought 4 of these for a 48 volt system (ebay). The tops can be unscrewed to get to the insides, picture attached. they are supposed to be multiple cylindrical cell battery. The display is a voltmeter that appears to be connected directly to the battery (before bms) and just estimates capacity based on voltage. According to the manual they are to be charged to 14.6v discharged to 10V it also says the BMS disconnect is 15.6V high and 8.8V low. Did not do any performance testing. They are installed in series on my Solar charged "power wall". Initially they all showed the same voltage within .1 volts so I didn't charge them separately. Problem I have is the BMS keeps disconnecting before they are charged above 13.8V. When one disconnect they all stop charging. I am guessing its a cell imbalance issue. How sad... I see if it gets any better as they cycle. I have a 48v Battery Equalizer on order that will allow the other batteries to charge when one cuts out.

Attachments

• 20211103_152707.jpg
    20211103_152707.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 20211114_091219.jpg
    20211114_091219.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 132
Looks similar to this:

i've been interested in these and their usefulness to Lifepo4 batteries that already have internal active balancing...more balance!!!
It came today. Amazing thing! apply voltage to any one pair of wires and a isolated identical voltage is at the other three. be fun to see how they do that.

Lots of good info here. Didn’t read it until after I bought the battery myself and have a couple additional items I want to check out, like if this bms truly doesn’t have balancing built in. Regardless, I did tear it down in case anyone wanted to see the inside:

Global Power LiFePo4 Battery Review and Tear Down - 100AH 12 Volt

Back