diy solar

diy solar

NEW Bluetti Sodium Ion Battery Power Units

What is calculation formulas for solar?
Getting ready to build a barn and will install on the roof at 4/12 pitch directly South. I have (31) 455 watt panels..(In Houston, Texas example 5 hrs 1. Is the average .75% to be conservative?
2. How many Life pro batteries will i need to meet my current Entergy average monthly kwhr of 3500?
3. Do you agree, i may need to add a few more panels?
4. Will galvalume roof reflect to much heat during summer or will the air space be enough of a gap to keep the at a normal operating temperature?
Thanks in advance! Richard

What is calculation formulas for solar?
Getting ready to build a barn and will install on the roof at 4/12 pitch directly South. I have (31) 455 watt panels..(In Houston, Texas example 5 hrs 1. Is the average .75% to be conservative?
2. How many Life pro batteries will i need to meet my current Entergy average monthly kwhr of 3500?
3. Do you agree, i may need to add a few more panels?
4. Will galvalume roof reflect to much heat during summer or will the air space be enough of a gap to keep the at a normal operating temperature?
Thanks in advance! Richard
Wow. I can only dream of having 31 455 watt panels. Though my ocd would likely try to fit one more panel to make it an even 32.
I think other category/threads would be more appropriate to find info / opinions on this.
Like “Sizing and Planning”
And I’m pretty sure Will has a “sizing your solar system“ type youtube video.

Spelling errors still. I do not understand how this still happens. Oh, same mistake with solar input.
I know it seems petty, but for an American company, I absolutely expect spelling (and technical accuracies) to be correct. My thought is; if you can't put enough time into spelling, how do I trust that you've put enough time into your product.

I know it seems petty, but for an American company, I absolutely expect spelling (and technical accuracies) to be correct. My thought is; if you can't put enough time into spelling, how do I trust that you've put enough time into your product.
I agree spelling and grammar should be correct and match the particular market a product is being marketed to.
Pretty much every marketing piece I’ve seen from them has some sort of grammur or spilling errar ?, as well as unrealistic portrayals of product use, and goofy buzz phrases.

I do like my AC200Max though, and have actually had good customer service on a few issues (wrong connector, new cable for DO50S).

Hoping to see someone post a youtube hack to safely use the AC200Max with a 200-400ah auxiliary battery setup such as an SOK or EG4, or even that monster 400ah AmpereTime that Will Prowse evaluated yesterday.

Last edited:
Not to mention, it seems that a company that claims it’s based in Las Vegas might have someone who would catch little errors like “Les Vegas”.

Is Bluetti really an american company? I have some doubts about this.

Not about Bluetti but sodium batteries: from 2020
"A recent news release from Washington State University (WSU) heralded (1) that “WSU and PNNL (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory) researchers have created a sodium-ion battery that holds as much energy and works as well as some commercial lithium-ion battery chemistries, making for a potentially viable battery technology out of abundant and cheap materials”." https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsenergylett.0c02181#

From Feb 2022:
"Sodium-ion batteries are a promising technology for electric vehicles, the energy grid and other applications because they are made from abundant materials that are energy dense, nonflammable and operate well in colder temperatures. But engineers have yet to perfect the chemistry.
While the lithium-ion batteries found in modern electronics can recharge thousands of times, most variations of sodium-ion batteries can only cycle a small fraction of that.
The poor durability stems from a specific atomic reshuffling in the battery’s operation – the P2-O2 phase transition – as ions traveling through the battery disorder crystal structures and eventually break them."

Is Bluetti really an american company? I have some doubts about this.
I guess it would depend on your definition of an "American company".

I'm pretty sure they have an office, and a registered business here in the States, so technically, I guess, it would be American. IIRC, pretty much everything they sell is manufactured and designed in China though.

Personally, a company like that doesn't meet MY personal definition of "US based". To me, a US company would mean that the owners / founders primarily live here, the products are designed here, and North America is the company's first market.

In this day and age, it's ridiculous to expect that all products are manufactured here, so I would consider it to be an American company even if the products were manufactured overseas, BUT, they should definitely be designed here in the US.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I have absolutely no problem with a company based in another country. I'm just not a fan of companies calling themselves US-based when they don't meet certain criteria.

Last edited:
I guess it would depend on your definition of an "American company".
Companies like Jackery or Goal Zero are in my opinion „American companies“. Bluetti/Power Oak not, it‘s a Chinese company. And pretend it's an American brand.

I’ve been watching Bluetti since the indie campaign for the ac200. so a couple years or so.
I don’t recall seeing any Bluetti marketing claiming or insinuating they are a US company.

See the website from Bluetti. There is no indication it's chinese, they pretend it's american. I do not like that.

Back