diy solar

diy solar

New build, new member - help needed please

nsclarke65

Hello all,

I have been planning and looking in to a solar/wind/generator backup power solution for quite a while now.

I have purchased a generator and just about to purchase a battery bank, however I want a specific system and after spending a week trawling through google trying to find answers (which i have found a few solutions) but I need some more help please.

The system I want is (if possible)

5 Kva Generator (purchased)
48V 3.4 Kwh Lithium Ion battery pack (purchasing soon)
1KW Solar panels
600 Watt Wind Turbine
Inverter etc

I want the system to work like this;

The batteries to power my house until they go below a specified threshold which then switches back to mains power - I have found a Moes Dual power controller that does this but I also want a switch that automatically starts the generator to charge the battery bank when it goes below a certain defined level. I do not really want the generator to power the house because of noise.

Is this possible?

What would be the best system?

Thank you

Hello all,

I have been planning and looking in to a solar/wind/generator backup power solution for quite a while now.

I have purchased a generator and just about to purchase a battery bank, however I want a specific system and after spending a week trawling through google trying to find answers (which i have found a few solutions) but I need some more help please.

The system I want is (if possible)

5 Kva Generator (purchased)
48V 3.4 Kwh Lithium Ion battery pack (purchasing soon)
1KW Solar panels
600 Watt Wind Turbine
Inverter etc

I want the system to work like this;

The batteries to power my house until they go below a specified threshold which then switches back to mains power - I have found a Moes Dual power controller that does this but I also want a switch that automatically starts the generator to charge the battery bank when it goes below a certain defined level. I do not really want the generator to power the house because of noise.

Is this possible?

What would be the best system?

Thank you
I won’t comment on what would be the best unit other people here a much better qualified for that. What you want to do sounds like an exelent candidate for a all in one solar inverter. The one I use has the capability to switch to main power at a user defined voltage and a integrated relay to run the auto start on a generator. Mine is the most basic of the AIO inverters so I expect the higher end units would do exactly what you have described. They are super easy to setup because the charge controller ,inverter and ac to dc charger are all integrated.

I won’t comment on what would be the best unit other people here a much better qualified for that. What you want to do sounds like an exelent candidate for a all in one solar inverter. The one I use has the capability to switch to main power at a user defined voltage and a integrated relay to run the auto start on a generator. Mine is the most basic of the AIO inverters so I expect the higher end units would do exactly what you have described. They are super easy to setup because the charge controller ,inverter and ac to dc charger are all integrated.
Thank you, I will look in to them.

Back