diy solar

diy solar

New build on old coach questions

ian brooks

Hi all,newbie here with some questions,hopefully that can be answered.Renovating a 79 Winnie which has a new ac/dc distribution center with converter & charger suitable for liFepo4. Wanting to add solar & have been pouring over Wills book, vids & this forum & getting somewhat confused in the process.Have bought 2 lithium 90ah batteries to begin.
Goal is to be able to use existing ac outlets & am open to adding one or two more outlets directly from the inverter & another dc fuse block. Running the fridge on ac would probably be the biggest appliance I would run if out of propane.no microwave or ac.Leaning towards the 400 w setup with a min 40amp controller & 2000w to 3000w inverter,just so I can run a tool if need be.
Watched the reviews on the Renogy dcc50s & the mpp24v combo unit & like the idea of simplifying this build..The renogy is out of stock & saw some worrying negative views on the mpp about folks having to be their own tech & buy parts to fix issues. Questions are :-
1:- If I buy the renogy unit once available would It be best to change my current flooded lead engine batt to liFe if I program the unit to charge liFe or is that a non issue.
2:-As they only have a 24v input would that mean having to wire the four 100w panels in parallel & consequently having to use thicker wire from panel to controller
3:-Anyone had a long term use of the mpp, if so did you buy from an importer in the US or direct from Taiwan.Liking the look of the 24v /2.4kv,680amp model
4:- I understand the fan on the mpp is an issue ,but are the regular inverter fans about as noisy ,just not running so much?Plan on putting whichever in a compartment
Thanks for any input to help me make a decision which way to go.Also trying to take advantage of any cyber deals that may occur.
Love this no bs ad free forum .

Back