diy solar

diy solar

new business I need your advice...

ClearwaterMexico

I am not soliciting for new business, I am looking for a company or persons who could build customer lithium battery banks for our customers and ship them.

We have been in the Marine Electrical business, the Solar business and now in the RV Battery business. I am semi retired and will be traveling the country, mostly boon docking, I have built a custom travel trailer using an all aluminum trailer with 2 kw solar and a 13.44 kWh lithium battery capacity.

My expectations are to acquire customers with who desire us to make them a custom battery bank to the physical size/voltage/kWh to meet their needs.

I need someone to hire to build the battery banks to my specifications and ship them to my customers, I will arrange installation.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Your input is appreciated.

BTW, we will be offering this same service to the 1000's of marine customers we have met over the years.

Will Prowse and others have numerous videos on diy LiFePo4 battery builds. Will's videos are geared towards beginners, and he is very good at details. Biggest issue is finding good LiFePo4 cells and mating them with the proper sized BMS. I think constructing a container to hold the LiFePo4 cells and BMS for a non standard size battery would be the biggest hurdle. For Marine applications I would suggest looking at the W.E.S.T. (Wood Epoxy Saturation Technique) used by diy wooden boat builders. with also looking at a material called CFLEX , which is a type of fiberglass with reinforcement rods in it. FYI - The W.E.S.T. system with or without CFLEX has been used to build commercial type boats by commercial type builders.

If you decide to take the leap to do your own battery builds, Will Prowse has a video where he lists the various tools he uses to build systems from small to very large.

A big part of the job would be getting cells in good condition and a fair price. Ordering from china is scary.

I am not soliciting for new business, I am looking for a company or persons who could build customer lithium battery banks for our customers and ship them.

We have been in the Marine Electrical business, the Solar business and now in the RV Battery business. I am semi retired and will be traveling the country, mostly boon docking, I have built a custom travel trailer using an all aluminum trailer with 2 kw solar and a 13.44 kWh lithium battery capacity.

My expectations are to acquire customers with who desire us to make them a custom battery bank to the physical size/voltage/kWh to meet their needs.

I need someone to hire to build the battery banks to my specifications and ship them to my customers, I will arrange installation.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Your input is appreciated.

BTW, we will be offering this same service to the 1000's of marine customers we have met over the years.

In Australia most installers in your position use Pylontech / BYD / Powerplus etc.

It will be next to impossible for an individual to quality and price match a larger manufacturer.

What makes you think your design will be better than this?

Attachments

• 2F600686-F0D0-4AD2-B44B-D3602D226C69.jpeg
    2F600686-F0D0-4AD2-B44B-D3602D226C69.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 24
who ever you use , make sure they have (a) a good warranty scheme (b) good product liability insurance and will indemnify you and (b) are approved by the relevant agencies UL , CSA and if for boats ABYC or ISO compliant where applicable

Hate to be judgy, but this seems to be a gratuitous post. Not a lot of background.
I wouldn’t install lithium systems in boats without using the best CE/CSA UL etc equipment , as now required by ABYC /ISO this includes ensuring the batteries are so marked

I would not install anything not designed as a minimum to the same ABYC /ISO specs., ie any custom installs meet these standards.

I would be sure to have good warranty backup on the batteries as failures and issues could cost you a fortune.

Preferably I’d want good product liability insurance or professional indemnity insurance. Can you imagine the litigation if the boat goes on fire due to a electrical fault.

( you will also need to write proper user manuals for the specific installs )

Then you need to ensure you are a certified professional in the field irrespective of how many years of experience you have.

Remember this is all new tech much of which is still in development and many new concepts and equipment appear every day.

I’d be dotting my “I” and crossing my “ T” here.

Goboatingnow, sorry I thought that your post was on point. I was commenting on the previous post from DiminikStanton.

Goboatingnow, sorry I thought that your post was on point. I was commenting on the previous post from DiminikStanton.

Yes, very odd to join the forum and solicit an appointment setting service like that.

I used the report button in the lower left so the moderators can decide.

He made that post almost a year ago and then left.

Not true.

The solicitation post was from DiminikStanton as mentioned in Post #8 of this thread. And it was made just one day ago.

The mods have since removed it, thanks moderators !

The report system works :cool:

No business can exist without string B2B connections all around the world. You probably need to contact someone from India for batteries because those guys deal with lithium a lot.
I would suggest hiring a good lead generation agency like Belkins to establish connections with various businesses worldwide under favorable conditions. It will help you spend less money on buying their product. You can just offer them a stable contract, and they would be happy to find a constant buyer that would bring them stable income over the course of a year or more.

Seems like a great idea to solicit a person to build batteries so that you can pass the litigation off to someone else when a pack takes out a $4M yacht.

It sounds like you're venturing into an exciting new business! Building custom lithium battery banks for customers in the marine, solar, and RV industries sounds like a niche and valuable service.
I mean… the guy hasn’t been on the forum in over a year, and the post is more than 2 years old, but… sure…

Back