diy solar

diy solar

New BYD Blade Battery 3.2V 138Ah Li-ion Battery

I had not seen these before. That is an interesting form factor. A stack of 8 of them would be 4.5" x 3.5" x 38". That could be handy if you have a long narrow compartment in an RV or Boat.

I wonder how one is supposed to connect the wires/bus-bars to it.

Capacity: 120A-138A quite a range!

Key Specifications/Special Features:​

Material: Lifepo4
Standard Voltage: 3.2V
Capacity: 120A-138A
Size : 960*90*13.5mm
Weight: 2.63KGFinal Discharge Voltage Cut-off Voltage: 2.0V/CELL
Work temperature: charge:-10-50℃ Discharge: -20-55℃
Used for Boat/RV/Forklift

These are fascinating to me. How do the terminals work? I looked all over the BYD website and couldn't find any specs or drawings indicating how you could DIY a pack with them. Anyone know?
Just a guess, but I imagine they're designed for use in commercial, welded, packs, and probably not available (easily) to the DIY market yet. BYD does a lot of battery packs for electric vehicles in Asia, and I imagine that's probably their primary purpose, given their form factor.

Even a lot of the prismatics that we get don't come drilled from the factory, they're designed to be welded but somebody else threads them.

This is my finished picture. Very simple
Very simple, and very cool design!

form where did you bought the BYD battery? Is there any trustworthy online seller?
The price stated on the mentioned website is really great about (87$/KWh). and the dimensions are useful for my case.

I was hoping someone would have a diy plan for using it as an offgrid power bank. Since I'm below novice level, I figured 15 in series for a 48v 138ah set up, but I'm unsure if it would be solder, plug, and play. If it's as simple as any other cell for assembly, I'm sure others would be very interested to know.

New thread about a DIY BYD Blade Pack here:

Just a guess, but I imagine they're designed for use in commercial, welded, packs, and probably not available (easily) to the DIY market yet. BYD does a lot of battery packs for electric vehicles in Asia, and I imagine that's probably their primary purpose, given their form factor.

Even a lot of the prismatics that we get don't come drilled from the factory, they're designed to be welded but somebody else threads them.
There are images on Alibaba of blade cells with screw terminals. Not sure if there are blade battery specific bus-bars to buy however.

Back