diy solar

diy solar

New Chins 100ah Lifepo4 battery teardown

No, I meant, if they are not pouches, how are they shaped?
Because also, the first two pics there look a lot like "pouches" to me... :·/
-

For those curious, it sounds like CHINS now has prismatic back in their 100AH batteries. I e-mailed them and they responded in 30 minutes. See below.

"HI,
thank you for your mail.
12V 100AH now has prismatic cells, SKU: CHINS-12100-220516-(001-720)
After you place an order, we will note the prismatic battery
best regards.
CHINS WINNIE"

For those curious, it sounds like CHINS now has prismatic back in their 100AH batteries. I e-mailed them and they responded in 30 minutes. See below.

"HI,
thank you for your mail.
12V 100AH now has prismatic cells, SKU: CHINS-12100-220516-(001-720)
After you place an order, we will note the prismatic battery
best regards.
CHINS WINNIE"
I just saw a YouTube review of the Enjoybot 12V 100ah battery today and it had pouch cells. I believe Enjoybot is the parent company of Chins? Now I am not sure what to believe.

I just saw a YouTube review of the Enjoybot 12V 100ah battery today and it had pouch cells. I believe Enjoybot is the parent company of Chins? Now I am not sure what to believe.
I ordered a chin 20 days ago after confirming with their customer service that they switch back to prismatic. I opened it up and it was indeed prismatic.

I ordered a chin 20 days ago after confirming with their customer service that they switch back to prismatic. I opened it up and it was indeed prismatic.
What brand cells are they using now? Did it capacity test OK?

What brand cells are they using now? Did it capacity test OK?
Probably not much help but I'm not sure on cell manufacturer as I didn't open the wrapping on them and don't plan on testing capacity, at least detailed.

I ordered a Chins 12v 100a battery a couple of days ago and after reading here decided to email the vendor to check if it's prismatic. The vendor confirmed the one they shipped me was in fact a soft pack but that you can email after you order to request prismatic :(

I'm looking for two more 100ah, now I'm debating if I should order the Chins and request the prismatic or just order a couple Redodos as they state they will all be prismatic.

I'm assuming I've got better odds keeping them all the same brand for parallel purposes, it does seem like Chins has a slightly cleaner build quality as well from what I read here. Thoughts?

I ordered a Chins 12v 100a battery a couple of days ago and after reading here decided to email the vendor to check if it's prismatic. The vendor confirmed the one they shipped me was in fact a soft pack but that you can email after you order to request prismatic :(

I'm looking for two more 100ah, now I'm debating if I should order the Chins and request the prismatic or just order a couple Redodos as they state they will all be prismatic.

I'm assuming I've got better odds keeping them all the same brand for parallel purposes, it does seem like Chins has a slightly cleaner build quality as well from what I read here. Thoughts?
There have been many discussions about prismatic vs. pouch. And both offers similar benefits. Its just personal preferences. I would suggest to keep same brand and same kind (prismatic/pouch). I have 2 CHINS 12V-200Ah and 1 CHINS 24V-200Ah LiFePO4. All of them meet their factory spec and my expectation. I have them for 18 months now and no issue. I did 0.1c test and self discharge test on all of them. They all came with good results.

And as an FYI, I only cared about the cells simply because of form factor as I had a tight space they needed to go. That's really the only reason why.

Guys I'm trying to find out can I drop these in where my lead acid deep cycle batteries were then add solar with a charge controller

I also bought 4 of these which I assume have the pouch cells. I got them directly from chins on ebay with a make offer of $200 each. total cost was $848 delivered. They were advertized as used and come with a 5 year warranty instead of 10 but they are clearly new. I see now they are buy it now for $210. I may be wrong but this is a lot of bang for the buck.

Back