diy solar

diy solar

New class of zero-export AC-coupled battery inverter (Huayu)

Ampster, everything you say is true. Its just an expensive solution to a rather simple problem (requiring very sophisticated hardware/firmware). What I was hoping to find was an Inverter/charger I could plug into my Main service panel, place a set of CTs on my Main feed and attach as big of an agnostic battery that I can afford. It would also be nice to be able to charge the batteries with a generator attached to the Inverter/charger with a auto start. My micro-inverters only generate a peak of 4.5 KW so I should only need a 4.5 KW inverter/charger. 4.5 KW chargers/inverters are only about $2500. For my application that is very cost justifiable.
The problem is the solutions I am coming up with using a SolArk and additional PVs is 4 or 5 times that. Yes, it offers a lot more but it is not as easy to cost justify. It will also need some "manual" intervention at points because of the generator/PV ac coupling issue.

Depending on how much programming your up for, a Schneider XW pro could be made to work for you.

GXMnow has had success using a PLC

I've done the same using a raspberry pi.

But use external current sensors and modules to control inverter charge or discharge.
It's manual programming, so the details are on the you.
But, it's a low frequency inverter, so unlike the Sol-ark, it will start motors (mine runs the central AC for the entire house) and is ok with imbalance.
It may not be the right solution for you, but it's working great for me.

Back