Note: It seems like, that there are a lot of different models existing from DALY. So keep care, it must not be the same to my DALY BMS, but maybe shorten your research time.
Thanks to this thread and one Youtube video, which allowed me to find out in one day, how to use my DALY BMS.
Daly Smart BMS Control
Below you can find my summary to the DALY BMS with Bluetooth:
(DL-R16A-T11S080ATJ-MM04) see picture (Ordered at about end of August 2020)
- If you have already the balance cable in the correct order, then you can connect to the BMS. First off all there will happen nothing, because it’s still off.
- You can load your battery to direct without BMS to 100% (But I don’t know at which Voltage it starts really. Maybe it was the max cut off voltage. (I killed nearly one cell by over voltage)
- If you bought also the power display panel: great, then just to push the button
- If you don’t have the power display panel: You can do the same as the button do. Just connect the two correct pins for about 1sec. (In my case the Voltage between those two pins had battery voltage (about 29V 11Cells of type LTO)) see picture BMS_start
After a defined time it will turn back to sleep mode. (see below sleep waiting time)
If one of the following actions will be done, the BMS will wake up again and keeps awake as long it is true this action:
- push the button
- charge (a very low value is enough)
- discharge (a very low value is enough)
At the following web page there is a good explanation how to do:
To change the Parameters you need the code: 123456
- Only if the BMS is awake the Bluetooth is working
- If you type in some value, you have to use Dot as separator.
- After click set, you have to wait for about 5sec, that it takes over the value.
- If it doesn’t take over the value. The value is out of range.
- All changes at my BMS had an impact after 10sec.
- Some of the values change in the app, but maybe doesn’t change in reality.
(“Disconnect” meaning: If it is out of range the action of my BMS is: disconnect of B- to P- and notification at Fault alarm at the Status Display)
- Status Display:
- Chg MOS: If it is green, then it is allowed to charge.
- Dischg MOS: If it is green, then it is allowed to discharge.
- Balance: Don’t know? (Even it was grey, the BMS balanced the battery.)
- Parameter Settings: / Protection parameters:
- cell volt high protect: Disconnect
- cell volt low protect: Disconnect
- sum volt high protect: Disconnect
- sum volt low protect: Disconnect
- diff volt protect: didn’t see an action
- chg overcurrent protect: Disconnect
- dischg overcurrent protect: Disconnect
- Parameter Settings: / Cell characteristics:
- type of battery: I guess this will adapt the range, which you can set at all single parameters
- rated capacity: I guess it is necessary for calculation of SOC
- sell reference volt: Couldn’t check until to now, but it should be following: If you have discharged until “cell volt low protect” has been activate. It is necessary to charge until this value before you can discharge again.
- sleep waiting time: starts to count, if there is not one of the wake up actions (see above)
- SOC set: This value changes according to the Battery voltage value. (If my battery was full, I set it to 100% now I need to discharge the battery to see, if 0% is set correct)
- balanced open start volt: Couldn’t check until to now, but it should be following: If the Battery is above the set value, it starts to balance.
- balanced open diff volt: Didn’t see any impact to this value, but it should be following: Equalize all Cells to max of this value.
- Parameter Settings: / Collect board settings:
- Don’t know for what this page is.
- Parameter Settings: / Temp protection:
- chg high temp protect: Disconnect
- chg low temp protect: Disconnect
- dischg high temp protect: Disconnect
- dischg low temp protect: Disconnect
- diff Temp protect: couldn’t check until to now, but it should be following: If you have more than one Temperature sensor, the difference is not allowed to be more than the set value.
- diff Temp protect: couldn’t check until to now. I guess it is the max temp of the BMS
- Parameter Settings: / Put to control:
- Chg switch: If off, than can’t charge anymore
- Dischg switch: If off, than can’t discharge anymore
- System reset: restart your BMS and is it in state off (see above how to do initial start)
- Factory data reset: Don’t want to try. To what ever it will reset to real factory settings or to delivery settings.
- Zero drift curr calibration: Didn’t try
- Reset Password: Didn’t try