diy solar

diy solar

New Daly "Smart" BMS w/ Communication. (80-250A)

No, I don’t have the same issue on my 4S 80A unit. I just successfully changed from 100Ah to 90Ah and back again.
View attachment 27481
Hi, do you manage to update the settings from the mobile app? so far with the mobile app I can only get a working main screen (the one that displays the SOC), but no luck with all the settings. I have 3x BMS, all behaves the same.
I thought the reason was because mine is 4S, and requires different Windows application, so could have explained why the mobile app would not cope with the 4S, but I see you are talking about 4S.
So could you let me know how you do it? how do you input the code? Which version of the APP? are you on IOS or android?

Hi, do you manage to update the settings from the mobile app? so far with the mobile app I can only get a working main screen (the one that displays the SOC), but no luck with all the settings. I have 3x BMS, all behaves the same.
I thought the reason was because mine is 4S, and requires different Windows application, so could have explained why the mobile app would not cope with the 4S, but I see you are talking about 4S.
So could you let me know how you do it? how do you input the code? Which version of the APP? are you on IOS or android?
Yes, with smartBMS 1.0.6 app on iOS 13.7 it works, allowing cell voltage cutoff and battery capacity settings to be changed. The code 123456 is asked for in a pop up window in the app the first time you try to make a change.

Which 4S BMS do you have, and when was it purchased? Mine is 4S 80A LiFePO4. Do you know that some of the early production units did not allow parameters to be edited and only Daly themselves could adjust voltage settings for you prior to shipping the unit? Might be worth contacting Daly via their official store on Aliexpress with the serial number of your BMS to check. Also Daly’s non-smart BMS is sometimes sold as “smart BMS” by sellers who don’t understand the product range.

That’s a great bit of info, thanks for sharing it. I understand their concern that switching off the sleep function could lead to drained batteries, but for our application of off-grid solar, the tiny quiescent current draw of the BMS and BT module is probably less signicant than the inconvenience of a BMS which has gone to sleep when you want to connect via Bluetooth to see what’s going on. For an e-scooter you probably do need a sleep function.

I‘ve set my sleep time to 15,300 and will also be testing to see if it works. I need to be careful though, as my BMS is hooked up to a 2,200mAh 4S A123 cell pack, with no charging source, just for this testing phase. So I’ll keep an eye to see how quickly the battery drains.

Has this trick (sleep time) done the trick for you?

I also found some Daly spec sheets that describe needing 0.6V above the pack voltage to wake up the BMS via charging (second last page):

Has this trick (sleep time) done the trick for you?

I also found some Daly spec sheets that describe needing 0.6V above the pack voltage to wake up the BMS via charging (second last page):

I think so - to be honest my test duration was limited by the fact the lack hit LVC on one cell and the whole BMS shutdown (Bluetooth switches off under those circumstances). So my “sleep disabled“ test only lasted something like 10 days.

I’ve no reason to think it hadn’t worked, but would need to use the BMS with a larger pack to prove it (I’ve been testing with 10+ year old 2200mAh rated 26650 A123 cells, which probably have only 1,500mAh useable capacity now.)

I guess your second discovery would make sense, as it seems it’s current through the BMS in the correct direction (from B- to P-) which wakes it.

So I’ve been through all 20 pages on this thread and just about all others related to the Daly Smart BMS. I have a 16S 150A unit on a 48V 120Ahr LFP battery module. I use the iPhone Bluetooth app to monitor and tweak parameters. Lots of fun getting all to work over the last 3 weekends! Here is my question: Is anyone aware of a complete instruction set that describes/defines all adjustable parameters provided by the Bluetooth app? I understand most, but there are a few that I do not. Thanks in advance for any help!

I never received it. She sent me a bluetooth receiver instead of the light board. I received the money back and was allowed to keep the bluetooth module. However, I no longer need the light board, because the Daly BMS no longer goes into sleep mode via code 15300. So far my Daly Smart BMS is working very well. I bought it from Daly through Alibaba.

So I’ve been through all 20 pages on this thread and just about all others related to the Daly Smart BMS. I have a 16S 150A unit on a 48V 120Ahr LFP battery module. I use the iPhone Bluetooth app to monitor and tweak parameters. Lots of fun getting all to work over the last 3 weekends! Here is my question: Is anyone aware of a complete instruction set that describes/defines all adjustable parameters provided by the Bluetooth app? I understand most, but there are a few that I do not. Thanks in advance for any help!
The only guide I’ve seen for the mobile app is here, and I’m sure you will have already seen that if you read the whole thread. It doesn’t define or explain all the adjustable parameters, so I hope someone can answer your question more fully, as I’m sure we would all learn from it.

I use this - for the Sinowealth software, and infer the relationship to the app.

Seems there are some quirks - ie i cant set SOC via the app, ive read others can.

Have you reached out to the DALY engineers directly?? They have always been pretty good at answering questions for many of us - well sort of -- but if you keep your question pretty simple they may be able to send you an entire parameters list ....

my smart Daly 4s 200a does not let me change the parameters, I use the latest application available in playstore, version 1.7, I put the. code 123456 but it does not apply the parameters that I indicate. is there a better alternative app?

I've been wasted all day trying to connect my bms to the pc, with the sinowealth software and usb rs232 and TTL adapters, they are not the original daly USB UART, someone knows the real pinout of the connectors of this bms, it is 4s 200a with fan. And how do you disable the bluetooth sleep with the code 15300, because it asks me for a 6-digit code ...

Attachments

• photo_2020-12-06_22-07-26.jpg
    photo_2020-12-06_22-07-26.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 29
  • photo_2020-12-06_22-07-21.jpg
    photo_2020-12-06_22-07-21.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 28
I've been wasted all day trying to connect my bms to the pc, with the sinowealth software and usb rs232 and TTL adapters, they are not the original daly USB UART, someone knows the real pinout of the connectors of this bms, it is 4s 200a with fan. And how do you disable the bluetooth sleep with the code 15300, because it asks me for a 6-digit code ...
Passcode is 123456

Thanks for your answer, if you read the previous comments there is a master code to disable the standby timer of the bluethoot, according to the colleagues it is 15300.
Yes, I’ve used this code to disable the sleep timer on my own Daly smart BMS. I thought you were asking for the 6 digit passcode which the app requires to authorise changes. That is 123456.

If 15300 doesn’t work,have you tried 65535? See here.

Yes, I’ve used this code to disable the sleep timer on my own Daly smart BMS. I thought you were asking for the 6 digit passcode which the app requires to authorise changes. That is 123456.

If 15300 doesn’t work,have you tried 65535? See here.
I think now I understand it, you have to put 15300 or 65535 in seconds, but keep using the code 123456 to validate the changes. I thought you had to put a different code than 123456 for that.

H37641896399d4b2c9ada9280eb9a6ffaA.jpgPCB 4S B.JPGPCB 4S.JPG
I have gotten these images of the Daly 4s 200a pcb, I confirm that by putting a switch on the two-pin port (key + gnd) you can activate the bms and activate the bluetooth when you are sleeping, in this way you do not have to leave the bluetooth always on.

Wondering if someone can give me a hand with my 485-to-USB device from the unit I bought back in May. Rather than a single cable, I have two. The first, apparently, is a USB-to-485 cable, whose end looks like this:
BMS - 1.jpeg
The screw terminal block unplugs from the other part of the green connector.

The second is a four-wire pigtail terminating in a five-position JST connector, like this:
BMS - 2.jpeg
The center position is empty, and there are wires in the left and right two positions.

The JST connector only fits into one place on the BMS itself, the place marked "485". And I can find pinouts in the manuals posted in the resources section here, but I don't see that any of them show any matching pins to what's marked on the USB-to-485 cable. What am I missing here?

Back