diy solar

diy solar

New dyi system

Brgalliher

Hi everyone. I have a 100w panel 1 50a charger unit and one 12v lifepos battery by renogy. The one thing I have not done is got the inverter. I would like to try the grid Mico inverter first. Any suggestions?

Ya I was seeing alot of people saying that so I will not. I am still learning so I can disconnect to one and connect to other when needed.

You can do that. But also, a 100w panel is not much. You are going to connect it to the micro converter and if everything goes well, you won't really notice a thing on your power bill. You might save $2 a month off your power bill, depending on many factors.

You can do that. But also, a 100w panel is not much. You are going to connect it to the micro converter and if everything goes well, you won't really notice a thing on your power bill. You might save $2 a month off your power bill, depending on many factors.
Oh I agree. I will add more. Just starting with a 100w panel. I plan to just to 329w ones once I get someone working. I have a place we're I can use all the stuff I did to learn so it will not go to waste.

Any suggestions or help is welcomed

Use the benefits of scale to your advantage. 24v cells are mass produced because it's the type of panel used on homes. So they are cheaper per watt and often found really cheap used. The higher voltage gives you less amps (ohms law) for the watt produced, so wire size, component size and general issues go down.

12V panels are for the hobbyist or small application, like an RV. So they are more expensive and cause wiring issues on a larger scale.

Frankly, I call anything under 150 watt (or 12v) not worth the glass. I have a stack of about 25 of them, and they are just not worth the hassle or cost. If I need 12V for something, I will use a 250 watt, 24v panel and a MPPT controller to step it down to 12V. Or better yet, use a 24V battery bank and use a DC-DC converter to drop that down to 12V.

Back