New Enphase System from Saints And LSU Country

el-guapin

Trust no One
Hello to all!!...
I Been lurking this forum for a while. Started out in the Tesla forum as I originally wanted that system but the horror stories about customer service and, at the time, the looong wait time for PowerWalls made me look at other systems. I ended up selecting Enphase. Six months and one Hurricane (Ida) later, my system is live.
8.76kW PV System - 24 LG NeON2 Panels, 24 Enphase IQ7+ Inverters, Enphase ESS - 20.2kWh Battery, IQ Combiner, Smart Switch

2.jpg

1.jpg
5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
Sweet! That's a nice looking setup.

Bet the neighbors are asking about it! FPL's fuel prices went up +60% since last year here, so the $/kWh went up and that'll probably get more people thinking about solar.

What's the NetMeter agreement like there?

That one panel with lower output than the rest...does it have partial shading during the day (possibly a leaf fell on it)? There was a ~200 watt difference between the output from my lowest to my highest yesterday, but I know my lowest panel gets a bit of shade this time of the year.

If no shade and it's consistently low you might check the microinverter logs to see if it's getting errors (I use a JSON formatter in notepad++ to make it more readable and highlight the panel serial number so I can quickly skim what that panel is doing). It's not uncommon to have a "No Grid Profile" set/clear message every couple of days, but if one microinverter out of 24 is doing it repeatedly multiple times per day then it might be a problem. Might also check it's on the same s/w revision.

If not, it might be a panel issue (if you or a friend has a FLIR that can spot problems too). I love my Neons, I've always been impressed on well they do even on rainy days.

Last edited:

el-guapin

Trust no One
Thanks for the insight!.. that panel and the one at the other end have whirlybirds next to them . So each will have slightly lower outputs in the AM and PM. Interest for solar has gone up since the hurricane. One of my neighbors is already getting a system built. The NEM here sucks. You buy higher but sell much much lower. Something like $0.12 to $0.004.

Koldsimer

Solar Enthusiast
Very impressive setup! Bring on the storms!

I'm impressed with the ability to monitor individual panels. Too cool

I'm in east Texas and we had our system fully functioning during the big storm. Talk about rewarding- sitting in our 72 degree living room watching 13" of snow fall while my griddie friends were suffering. I felt horrible but there wasn't much i could do to help. So I drank hot cocoa and fed the birds.

Good on you for getting ready for the inevitable issues with the power grid in this part of the world!

el-guapin

Trust no One
Very impressive setup! Bring on the storms!

I'm impressed with the ability to monitor individual panels. Too cool

I'm in east Texas and we had our system fully functioning during the big storm. Talk about rewarding- sitting in our 72 degree living room watching 13" of snow fall while my griddie friends were suffering. I felt horrible but there wasn't much i could do to help. So I drank hot cocoa and fed the birds.

Good on you for getting ready for the inevitable issues with the power grid in this part of the world!
Good stuff!.. Since the system was brought online, have had 5 power outages ranging from 30mins to 3 hours. Did not know about them until the I received the "system off grid" notification. The switchover was instant. No light flickering!.