New Enphase system questions

kendive

Are you getting panel level data from your Enphase micro's?
You mean this data?

kgDqLyZ.jpg

Ampster

Renewable Energy Hobbyist
are you displaying Enphase Microinverter level data directly from the microinverters or are using data from their hub or something else?
I explained that to you in post 18. The screen shot looks exactly like the one I get from my Envoy. The Enphase Envoy is a device that monitors the communcation traffic from the micros.

kendive

I explained that to you in post 18. The screen shot looks exactly like the one I get from my Envoy. The Enphase Envoy is a device that monitors the communcation traffic from the micros.
Yep. I don't really use it. I like my Energy Monitor alot better it's also much more accurate.

I have been pondering cutting the enphase off from the internet completely. It does not need the internet to work.

Ampster

Renewable Energy Hobbyist
I have been pondering cutting the enphase off from the internet completely. It does not need the internet to work.
I have not explored that possibility. What are the pros and cons?
Is your Enphase spending too much time on Facebook or Youtube, or what is the problem with having it communicate with the Internet that a VPN or virus software can't solve?

Hedges

Photon Sorcerer
I have not explored that possibility. What are the pros and cons?
Is your Enphase spending too much time on Facebook or Youtube, or what is the problem with having it communicate with the Internet that a VPN or virus software can't solve?

Stuxnet and Sandworm.

Choco

I vaguely remember something in the warranty docs about disconnecting the system from the internetz for extended periods results in voiding your warranty - may want to read into that and whether it was it is fact.
Also, denying the Envoy to synchronise with Enlighten will really leave you blind if you start having micro/firmware issues, which is quite rampant atm.
Ask me how I know, and how Enlighten Manage was instrumental in proving faults and getting RMA warranties.