diy solar

diy solar

New EVE 280 in New Mexico/Oklahoma/Texas

JustinS

I have 16 New EVE 280 ah Cells from Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co., Ltd. (from Amy) available for sale at 170each. I am in the Albuquerque NM area but plan on traveling to west Texas / Southern Oklahoma / And Dallas TX within the next month. We can meet along my travel paths. I'd be willing to travel more depending on quantity needed. I'll consider shipping if it's feasible and legal.

I'm selling because I want 3 16 series sets and would like them to be matched.

These are matched per voltage and resistance and are ready to be hooked up as a bank.

All were unpacked and validated to have no voltage drop over 60 days of shipping. 3 have small dents on corners of bottom short side from shipping(see pics) - all others are in perfect condition.

Attachments

• 16batts.jpg
    16batts.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 89
  • bottom-dented.jpg
    bottom-dented.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 89
  • sidedented.jpg
    sidedented.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
80% mark up with no testing and obvious damage?

Bold.
Batteries from Amy have consistently tested good via other forum members. FWIW they do come with a 1 year warranty from Shenzhen Luyuan and I'd be willing to work with the buyer if there were any issues. I'll mark down the 3 with the dented corners (make offer). They were also shipped in packages of 2ea. The two on the right were in one package. The left one was on the outside corner of one. All others don't have any signs of damage. Amy has been really good at improving the packaging over time. For anyone that needs one NOW this might be a good option.

I suspect that you may have better luck selling them on Ebay. Folks here may be a bit spoiled with buying the 280's direct for $110 each.

Ebay exposes you to a lot more people who don't want to wait or are uncomfortable buying from China. I just sold eight extra that I got from Amy for $180 each on Ebay.

As an owner of 9 "Amy" Eve cells delivered 3 weeks ago, 0 of 9 tested to rated capacity. Close, but not there. 8 were consistent, one was an outlier. All represent an acceptable value, but that was at $108/cell delivered. $200 would piss me off.

80% mark-up on untested cells.

Bold.

Arguing to justify it.

Deluded.

I suspect that you may have better luck selling them on Ebay. Folks here may be a bit spoiled with buying the 280's direct for $110 each.

Ebay exposes you to a lot more people who don't want to wait or are uncomfortable buying from China. I just sold eight extra that I got from Amy for $180 each on Ebay.
Thanks Steve!

FYI The new price for the EVE batts Amy is selling is 118 per cell + shipping. However she's saying they test the full 280.

Those are the new EVE cells without tapped terminals. The ones you have won't meet capacity. She sells Lishen cells that meet 272Ah (about what yours will measure) for less than what I paid for Eve.

Snooby. As much as I agree with you , we shouldn't crap in anyone's sales post. I someone wants to pay that ,fine. If not , ok also.

I'm selling because I want 3 16 series sets and would like them to be matched.
Soon Amy will be providing matched cells for much less than what you are selling yours for even at your $170.00 asking price. I assume you want to sell the 16 you have and take your cost plus your profit, turn it around and buy matched cells from Amy.

I agree you are better off selling on Ebay or craigslist unless you are willing to lower the price of the cells very close to what you paid for them especially since you have not tested them. And if I was selling cells, I would not offer damaged ones for any price. Perhaps Amy can replace the damaged ones for you.

Disagree. Forum shouldn't be a place to rip folks off. Now that there's full disclosure, someone can make an informed decision.
So what would you offer, in cash for all 16?
Serious question as I live in New Mexico on the Texas side and I was already going to join the next group buy for my new 48 V system.

So what would you offer, in cash for all 16?
They are worth (to you) exactly as much as you are willing to pay for them. $110 new from China (delivered to you some day), or whatever you can negotiated with the OP for "get them now". I paid more for my used BYD's because I was not willing to float my money to China.

They are worth (to you) exactly as much as you are willing to pay for them. $110 new from China (delivered to you some day), or whatever you can negotiated with the OP for "get them now". I paid more for my used BYD's because I was not willing to float my money to China.
I shall wait and see if the OP responds with something like "How much are you offering?"
I used to buy and sell cars many years ago and an elderly Jewish gentleman once said to me. "Neil, if you are not embarrassed when you make an offer, you are offering too much" :giggle:

I'll probably get laughed at but bought 8 cells off Amazon I'm testing now for about $200 each but I'm optimistic if they don't come up with good numbers amazon will have my back, right ??

I'll probably get laughed at but bought 8 cells off Amazon I'm testing now for about $200 each but I'm optimistic if they don't come up with good numbers amazon will have my back, right ??
How much is not waiting 1-2 months for your batteries to float across the ocean worth? If you got them shipped to you for that price and they were delivered in a timely manner (1-2 weeks) I doubt many people are going to be laughing.

I might want to get laughed at too. Do you have a link? I don't relish the idea of waiting a month to get batteries which might or might not be good.

Sorry to hear you had bad expereince with Amy but after seeing more threads like this i"m convinced she has traded her Good will on the forum for a quick profit and is pedling the same junk everyone else has albit with a much higher price.

@JustinS
Did you try to resolve the issue with AMY with regards to the cells you received damaged? What was the outcome? Sorry for asking here but I am curious. Thanks.

Back