diy solar

diy solar

New from Texas, some questions thank you in advance.

jcstarken

Needs:
Charge Ego batteries 7.5, 5.0 and 2.5 and run two trickle chargers on motor cycles. I would like to charge phone and watch as well, and some day an iPad.
Once I get this build and really learn the in's and out's I will build larger system. Thank you for your help. there is a lot of data here to read.

GIANDEL 2200W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter 12V DC to 110V 120V AC with 20A Solar Charge Control, has any one used this for inverter and charger?​

GIANDEL 2200W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter 12V DC to 110V 120V AC with 20A Solar Charge Control, has any one used this for inverter and charger?​

Sounds pretty common but that’s a small part of the picture.
The SCC is the heart and brains of any system. It’s the link between panels (solar energy gathering) and battery(s) (solar energy storage).
Do you have plans, ideas or questions about those?

Needs:
Charge Ego batteries 7.5, 5.0 and 2.5 and run two trickle chargers on motor cycles. I would like to charge phone and watch as well, and some day an iPad.
Once I get this build and really learn the in's and out's I will build larger system. Thank you for your help. there is a lot of data here to read.
840wh (56v x 15ah) of battery (I assume you are not depleting them daily?). They rest of the items are trivial power wise. I would shoot for a 1000wh of solar. I don't know what the power draw is on the ego chargers, but I assume they plug into a regular outlet, so probably less than 1000w. You might be able to get away with a smaller inverter.

LiFePo batteries in the motorcycles will eliminate the need for trickle chargers. I am running Alien Motion in mine. My street bike sits for months and starts right up every time.

I have found some 400w panels that are two years old that have some cracked glass for 35 dollars a panel or some 300w panels for 65 with no cracks I was thinking about these,. The issue is 75 miles each way. I don't mind driving if the cost is off set, which I think it will be.

Ok, let's start over :)

Welcome!!! What part of Texas are you in?

What is your budget, how much real estate do you have (roof or ground mount?).

Ok, let's start over :)

Welcome!!! What part of Texas are you in?

What is your budget, how much real estate do you have (roof or ground mount?).
North Central Texas, I haven't really worked out a budget for now I am just trying to learn and see what is out there. At first it will be a ground array in my back yard with a portable solar charger, maybe a hand truck. then would like to move to a 240w support system then ultimately a how ever many kWh system is needed to get off the grid.

I think in this case I would build it complete stand alone without a look to the future. @ghostwriter66 had a great picture of a setup (but I can't find the post). Something this would let you charge up like 3000wh of battery for use whenever you need it. Just leave the panels fixed outside with a MC4 connector setup to make it plug and play.

1623355449274.png

I think in this case I would build it complete stand alone without a look to the future. @ghostwriter66 had a great picture of a setup (but I can't find the post). Something this would let you charge up like 3000wh of battery for use whenever you need it. Just leave the panels fixed outside with a MC4 connector setup to make it plug and play.

View attachment 52332
Yes this would be great to start.

View attachment 52332
I need this parts list.

Needs:
I can actually find out the voltage and amps for charging ego batteries. I just need to grab my zwave modules to see the loads. I love ego products, I routinely cut 25inch plus logs with my 18 inch saw.

Yes this would be great to start.

I need this parts list.

Finally had some rain and used my ego mower, this is the slow charger 54v 7.5ah I would have bet the draw would have been higher. Only had 1 green bar left on the battery.

Attachments

• 193 watts.png
    193 watts.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 4
Back